Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

PF3 - New ATC program...

That was me with the crashes. Problem solved Remove all fsx.exe, fs9.exe and fs2000.exe that have been placed in P3D by the Estonian tool. Then startmkrunways.exe and update the database in PF3. This will do the trick.

Additionally, two files were missing in the demo. I think the author has updated it now.

I'm hoping to get a video out in the near future but at the moment the recording programme is protesting.

No comparison with RC4. It's far superior. It's up to date with current terminology and practices. ICAO compliant (which Pro atc is not). It doesn't p you off if you make a mistake such as an altitude bust. If you don't follow an instruction then that instruction is repeated at an interval you can change. It takes you to and from your gate and you can have a gate reserved for you at your arrival destination too. Go to the website and see everything it can do.

I don't use it with a voice command programme. But instead of FS2Crew you could try FDC Live Cockpit also by OnCourse Software (see my sig).

Thanks.

I have read all the features and again I can say it looks superior to RC4.

As Gerald said, MCE did work with the older program and the MCE lads are looking to integrate support for the new program in future.

I like the taxi guidance feature. Using GSX in P3dv3 with W7, the follow me car now has a serious issue with navigating you to your chosen gate! In fact its useless at large airports with many gates/Taxiways. Unless you are at a US airport, Sky Vector has no airport plans, so navigating on the ground is more problematic than in the air!! Spoken guidance is on offer at real world airports, so its logical and most welcome in our simulator! After all arn't we simulating the real world?

I wish the dev team well. I copy what you say re W10! The devs have a lot of issues with all the o/s and sim version changes that inevitably force changes upon their previously working programs. I am sticking with W7 and P3dv3, because everything I currently have installed works.

Since I use MCE exclusively, when PF3 gets MCE support I will give it serious consideration for sure!

Cheers

David.

Thanks.

I have read all the features and again I can say it looks superior to RC4.

As Gerald said, MCE did work with the older program and the MCE lads are looking to integrate support for the new program in future.

I like the taxi guidance feature. Using GSX in P3dv3 with W7, the follow me car now has a serious issue with navigating you to your chosen gate! In fact its useless at large airports with many gates/Taxiways. Unless you are at a US airport, Sky Vector has no airport plans, so navigating on the ground is more problematic than in the air!! Spoken guidance is on offer at real world airports, so its logical and most welcome in our simulator! After all arn't we simulating the real world?

I wish the dev team well. I copy what you say re W10! The devs have a lot of issues with all the o/s and sim version changes that inevitably force changes upon their previously working programs. I am sticking with W7 and P3dv3, because everything I currently have installed works.

Since I use MCE exclusively, when PF3 gets MCE support I will give it serious consideration for sure!

Cheers

David.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I resolved the issue with my recording software. But it has been replaced with another short term. The cabin safety briefing in my aircraft has gone on strike. I'll sort that out tomorrow then I can plan a video.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I resolved the issue with my recording software. But it has been replaced with another short term. The cabin safety briefing in my aircraft has gone on strike. I'll sort that out tomorrow then I can plan a video.

I know the feeling re videos! They are incredibly time consuming to do well and if your making a tutorial, to get all your points over :-)

I sometimes get aircraft taking off from the runway I have just been cleared to land on, in the opposite direction! RC4 not seeing all the traffic all the time! :-) Always need to have the go around planned and briefed! LOL!

Cheers

You may not know this David, MCE indeed fully supports PFE ATC (older version V2.15), even under X-Plane.

We also plan to fully support the new PF3.

Hi juste to be clear Will MCE and PFE 3 work with x plane 10 ?

and will it use x plane 10 Navedata ??

Thanks

You may not know this David, MCE indeed fully supports PFE ATC (older version V2.15), even under X-Plane.

We also plan to fully support the new PF3.

Gerald,

I notice reading the PFE3 user guide, that it supports the Virtual CoPilot handling the comms, as I think so does PFE2. Just wondering how this works with MCE, since only William and Linda's voices in MCE will handle COMMS with RC4. Does one have to use the PFE CoPilot voice to handle the COMMS, and just interface with the MCE pilot for other VC activity? Perhaps finding a PFE CoPilot voice that is similar to an MCE one.

I really like the realism of having the PNF handling the COMMS, as inreal life

Stuart

It has a "try before you buy" download, which is great. What's not great is the free download "locks up" the flight sim after 15 minutes! A big no no, IMHO!

I think it just temporarily pauses flight every 15mins, allowing one to continue, but the demo is limited to a flight plan of 200 miles.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I really like the realism of having the PNF handling the COMMS, as inreal life

+1. Its Lorna btw:-)

I think it just temporarily pauses flight every 15mins, allowing one to continue, but the demo is limited to a flight plan of 200 miles.

That's ok. When MCE supports it with our voice packs and our voice commands, I will look very closely at this. Until then RC4 isn't all that bad! I strayed off a STAR route today, ( one I constructed from real world and made INS coordinates for. RC4 gave me a response I have never herd before and I must have several hundred hours with it!:-)

Like you say, the radio com's over to the FO is a great feature. With a triple crew (707/727/Tristar) you can run checklists and flows while the FO is replying to ATC. You just have to listen to three people at once, which only the human ear is capable of....great realism!

Regards

David

+1. Its Lorna btw:-)

Sorry Lorna!

I guess like you, I'll wait and see whether MCE needs adjustment to support it fully.

I have downloaded the demo, just to explore it, but like you I have used RC4 for years, and being one of the pilot voices on RC4, will carry on using it no doubt.

BTW I have just completed the MCE voice set, although may need to redo some. So watch the MCE space as hopefully you will have another voice soon to add to William and Lorna!

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

and being one of the pilot voices on RC4, will carry on using it no doubt.

Oh my word! You don't have the Yorkshire accent do you by any chance?

What with my Lancashire tones, it'll be a right old derby soon!!:-):-):-)

watch the MCE space as hopefully you will have another voice soon to add to William and Lorna!

Great news. We need another radio operator!

Regards

David

(which Pro atc is not)

Not sure what you have against ProATC, but for anyone reading, it might be worth mentioning that PF3 doesn't support AIRAC navdata from Navigraph or Aerosoft.

This means that PF3 requires a bit more hand on approach, than other ATC programs. Some pilots have gotten used to the fact, that ATC automatically knows SIDs/STARs and altitude/speed limits for airports in the AIRAC data (just like your aircraft). As PF3 doesn't seem to support the AIRAC data (at the moment?), some or all of this data might have to be entered in manually.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that PF3 looks like a nice update. I especially like the try before you buy aspect.

Edited by Jarkko

Not sure what you have against ProATC, but for anyone reading, it might be worth mentioning that PF3 doesn't support AIRAC navdata from Navigraph or Aerosoft.

This means that PF3 requires a bit more hand on approach, than other ATC programs. Some pilots have gotten used to the fact, that ATC automatically knows SIDs/STARs and altitude/speed limits for airports in the AIRAC data (just like your aircraft). As PF3 doesn't seem to support the AIRAC data (at the moment?), some or all of this data might have to be entered in manually.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that PF3 looks like a nice update. I especially like the try before you buy aspect.

No PF3 is not a flight planning programme. It concentrates on th ATC aspect. There's already a lot of good flight planning software out there from which PF3 will accept a fpl. Then all you have to do is tailor the fpl a bit if necessary. So that's not a bad feature.

There is a wish list feature being discussed to create a database of SIDs and STARs so that's something that could be added in the future.

Glad you like the demo. The full programme is even better :wink:

Not sure what you have against ProATC

Well, it's not hard to have something against PROATCX, at least for me. It's the attitude over there.

I bought it, just to learn I can't do anything with it except let the Copilot do everything. There is a serious issue with acknowledgements, etc. They don't get recognized because of a loop or whatever.

One can't see this issues in their forum before you buy it. And then, not even the slightest information when this will be fixed, and the 'Known Issues' list in their forum hasn't been touched with any 'solved' indication since September last year.

Most annoying 50 Euro I spend for FS since quite some time, I hope this will turnaround soon...

But anyway, the thread subject is PF3.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

No PF3 is not a flight planning programme. It concentrates on th ATC aspect.

This is something that we have to agree to disagree on. For me, these things have nothing to do with flight planning. In the real world, you do not include altitude restrictions, transition altitudes or speed restrictions in your flight plan. This is something that the ATC must know in order to operate correctly.

There is a wish list feature being discussed to create a database of SIDs and STARs so that's something that could be added in the future.

Nice!

It's the attitude over there. I bought it, just to learn I can't do anything with it except let the Copilot do everything. ...

One can't see this issues in their forum before you buy it. ... the 'Known Issues' list in their forum hasn't been touched with any 'solved' indication since September last year.

Thanks for the feedback. I wish we could have had this talk on a dedicated thread and not here.

You shouldn't have to use the co-pilot for radios, but there is a bug, that has been fixed already in a beta version. Normal update release schedule has been once per year. The known issues list should be visible for all forum visitors (will double check and fix if this is not the case).

Are you sure about the 'known issues' not being updated? I edited it last week if I remember it correctly.

Well, it's not hard to have something against PROATCX, at least for me. It's the attitude over there.

I bought it, just to learn I can't do anything with it except let the Copilot do everything. There is a serious issue with acknowledgements, etc. They don't get recognized because of a loop or whatever.

One can't see this issues in their forum before you buy it. And then, not even the slightest information when this will be fixed, and the 'Known Issues' list in their forum hasn't been touched with any 'solved' indication since September last year.

Most annoying 50 Euro I spend for FS since quite some time, I hope this will turnaround soon...

But anyway, the thread subject is PF3.

If you use the demo or decide to buy PF3 the forum is always active and Dave will do his best to help you out. Sometimes we can but Dave is the "master" so to speak.