Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

PF3 - New ATC program...

but there is a bug, that has been fixed already in a beta version. Normal update release schedule has been once per year. The known issues list should be visible for all forum visitors (will double check and fix if this is not the case).

Are you sure about the 'known issues' not being updated? I edited it last week if I remember it correctly.

No, it's not visible, there is just Announcements/FAQ and a general support area. With many threads moved to the invisible support area, so to speak. No, haven't noticed an update of that thread.

Ouch . Update once a year, even with such issues. No hotfixes ? So the last update was October 15, so that might mean another half year to the next update.

I had inquired for a refund, but not even that got an answer, neither positive or negative.

EDIT : Just noticed you are Beta tester, so not really the correct adressee for complaints.

You are right though, lets not continue any PROATCX subject here.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

If you use the demo or decide to buy PF3 the forum is always active and Dave will do his best to help you out. Sometimes we can but Dave is the "master" so to speak.

No doubt about that. I`m flight simming since roughly 20 years and Dave is well known since quite some time for his support.

Mike

Hello Mikealpha,

Just curious, are you the same mikealpha over on the pf3 forums who said he would try to connect mce to pf3?

I have not been able to do so...just wondering if  you have?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I am wondering if I should switch over to PF3 from ProATC-X... But, reading quickly through the user guide, it seems that this addon does not come with a GUI but rather uses Hotkeys inside the sim? Is that correct? Personally, I already do not like the way ProATC-X handels it, but at least I can open a window and make my selections there. Hotkeys are the worst thing to use inside the sim, as I am sometimes not really aware if a specific key is not used by another addon or by Prepar3d itself. And I tend to forget which key is for which option. Personally, I still like the default ATC selection window most: you can read what was said and you can select your answers.

Could someone shed some light on the PF3 experience regarding the actual use inside the sim?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

PF3 just utilities a different approach to flying with ATC, that's all.  So can you use SIDs and STAR yes you can; do you have to, no you don't.  You will get out of it what you put in to be honest.

Yes, yesterday, I downloaded the demo and like many were confused of how it would work without using AIRAC data, but it does.  Watch the you tube video on the SIDs and STARs(old version), but it does a good job of explaining how it works.

We have a few ATC programs around currently, everyone is trying to be the best in 'real world' ATC, but trust me it's harder than you think. You can't please everyone.

Try the Demo, some will like it some will not. Ask questions post in the relevant forums.

Update so far then

PF3......try it, just need a bit of effort with charts if you want to get 'real' :wink:

ProaATCX........been quiet lately, but there should be an update early next week :dance:

Pilot 2 ATC V2...........Another new(ish) ATC program coming VERY shortly.  This goes into BETA hopefully this week. Dave has been very busy on this,  V2 is totally different to V1. updated GUI, uses SIDs and STARs plus voice control if you want and it works great  :wink:

So there is plenty to have a go at.  

Happy ATC flying  :smile:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hello Mikealpha,

Just curious, are you the same mikealpha over on the pf3 forums who said he would try to connect mce to pf3?

I have not been able to do so...just wondering if you have?

Hi Jeff,

Yes,I`m the same.

Not successful so far. I tried to enter the path to PF3 in the config file, but it doesn`t seem to detect it.

However, MCE announced to support PF3, so maybe we have to wait for some adjustments.

Mike

I don't know guys, i installed PF3 as per instructions (demo version) i followed step by step the manual on the settings, created a >200 nm plans,loaded my plane to fsx in specific position,opened PF3 is showing connected but nothing happens in fsx.......So, i dumped it!

I don't know if somebody experienced something like this!

I don't know guys, i installed PF3 as per instructions (demo version) i followed step by step the manual on the settings, created a >200 nm plans,loaded my plane to fsx in specific position,opened PF3 is showing connected but nothing happens in fsx.......So, i dumped it!

I don't know if somebody experienced something like this!

I think the demo is limited to flights LESS than 200nm.

Jay

Yes my bad my flight was less than 200nm

After PF3 is showing as connected you should see a message in your flight simulator that confirms the connection.

Then you should contact Clearance or Ground by tuning to the correct frequency and pressing the 0 hotkey.

If you are at the wrong frequency, there will be a message telling you the correct frequency.

Hi Jeff,

Yes,I`m the same.

Not successful so far. I tried to enter the path to PF3 in the config file, but it doesn`t seem to detect it.

However, MCE announced to support PF3, so maybe we have to wait for some adjustments.

Mike

Indeed. It will be fully supported as the older version.

Minor adjustments need to be implemented on the MCE side. For instance MCE reads settings from "PF_Emulator.ini" which now has been changed to "PF3.ini"

Information in registry (Used for detecting PFE installation) has obviously changed, and MCE has to acknowledge that.

Should be ready in next update.

After PF3 is showing as connected you should see a message in your flight simulator that confirms the connection.

Then you should contact Clearance or Ground by tuning to the correct frequency and pressing the 0 hotkey.

If you are at the wrong frequency, there will be a message telling you the correct frequency.

Yes i know that.The problem is that PF3 seems connected but in fsx no message appears, no ACARS nothing.Not even setting up.Anyway, i'd like to give it a go especially if in the future works with MCE but i

don 't know what went wrong. 

Indeed. It will be fully supported as the older version.

Minor adjustments need to be implemented on the MCE side. For instance MCE reads settings from "PF_Emulator.ini" which now has been changed to "PF3.ini"

Information in registry (Used for detecting PFE installation) has obviously changed, and MCE has to acknowledge that.

Should be ready in next update.

Sounds Excellent!

By chance, with the next update, will MCE work with the demo version of PF3?

It would be great to test this out before purchasing PF3...

Now checking for the next MCE update...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

By chance, with the next update, will MCE work with the demo version of PF3?

Good idea. Will make sure it can see both Registered and Demo