Sign in to follow this  
robb13

FSX - can Fog values be altered

I have Shade for FSX installed and have used it for a few years. I have noticed that the current FSX value for fog is not listed (whereas day light and shadows are) and it is a strange pinkish colour. I can change the fog colour in Shade and it works fine and the sky will go dark..  If Shade is not activated the sky in FSX will go dark at night. Restore Backup Values in Shade does nothing.. it is so long ago that I got Shade I cant remember if I did a Backup.

However I recently got Active Sky Next and I cannot get the sky to go dark after sunset.. It is always a strange pinkish colour and the similarity to the current FSX fog colour in Shade is so strikingly similar that it must be connected in some way. Whem I turn ASN off, the sky will go dark.

Is there somewhere in FSX that the fog colour value can be altered and if so, where / which file and location.

Ignore my problem above.. I think the Shade Backup did work.. I should have turned it all off rather then assume a backup would kick in without a restart.