Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

P3D v3.1 Ultrawide comparison

Hello all. I'm new to ultrawide screen. Thanks to Santa Claus'15. With this video, I wanted to show the differences between my former screen 16:9 and this new 21:9 (Ultrawide) display with Prepar3D 3.1. The video features landings at 29Palms (from Twentynine) and Orbx Sedona and Monterey. Enjoy !

A part from the ultrawide effect (combined with a TrackIR) I was suprised I didn't need anymore to set SGXAA to have a smooth image. Formely with my 16/9 display, the cockpit of my Cessna's were too much shimmered. This annoying effect has mostly disapeared when fullscreen on this brand new resolution (3440x1440).

If you want to know more of my hardware configuration : http://20-100-video.blogspot.fr/2016/01/prepar3d-and-pc-hardware-update-dec15.html

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Great video! I was a triple monitor user for a few years but I too as well over Christmas purchased the same Dell 34" monitor as you. Much nicer and I'm not regretting my decision.

• Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Very nice but it unfairly only shows that one view.

I'd like to see the same thing in cockpit view and 3rd person(spot) view.

Very nice but it unfairly only shows that one view.

+1...Would be very nice to see cockpit etc.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Thanks to all for your message.

+1...Would be very nice to see cockpit etc.

Same zoom = 0.70. And default front virtual cockpit view : 

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Quick Question on this topic...

even if I would go for 32" ultrawide... isn't it, that I wil always be better off with 3x 27" monitors? TWay more immersive I guess?

Interrestig comparison.

I tried this at once.

On my 1920x1080 screen I created a 1920x900 resolution, and set the zoom to 0.65 (should be 0.64 at your resolution) and indeed

it gives a wider view!

So I could see live what you see. Drawback is that you need to get away from the panel more to see the gauges, what is better with a

view with more vertical pixels. (in 1920x1080 at correct 0.75 zoom, I just see a bit more at the same distance from panel)

So, with 0.75 zoom correct at 1920x1080 you see more panel, less wide view and yours 3440x1440 at 0.65 see less panel, UNLESS you

go further away from panel, as sitting on the jump seat, too far away to read the gauges properly.

Grrrrr.. always a catch!