Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

How can I get Steve's default "profile" ?

I am on 2.11, and when I go to the "Profiles" menu, the popup window opens waiting for me to show the folder where the Fixer profiles are stores, which I don't make the slightest idea where...

I remember having used a default profile by Steve in a previous version, which I would like to use for a start - where can I find it ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I remember having used a default profile by Steve in a previous version, which I would like to use for a start - where can I find it ?

I just checked my DX10 fixer (also 2.11), and you're right, I can't see it either. I shall investigate!

In fact my default DX10 fixer folder is missing a lot of files comparing it to a back up. It just contains an .ini file.

I'm going to uninstall and re-install. I'll let you know how I get on.

That did the trick. You have to do a complete uninstall from the control panel though. Also, I hope you still have the original link Fastspring sent you. It only took 2 mins tops.

I have to thank you for bringing this to my attention, would never have noticed otherwise.

Best of luck.

Thank you too, I wasn't aware of this problem.

Will try the re-install.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

There was a small issue with the original 2.11 where it didnt set the profile directory correctly. The latest 2.11 build on fastspring has a fix for this.

Thx Steve,

I will not install the Fastspring version because I have instaled the flightsimstore ( I have both :-) ) and it is working OK, and I finally found where the folder was ( Public Documents )....

Maybe for the next update.

Ah!  I completely disabled all shadows :-)  Contrarily to the usual simmer, I don't need them, and I believe I was able to get a few more FPS, precious when using my PMDG 777 and ASN in denser weather scenarios ....

Main Simulation Rig: