Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

One small problem with button control version

I have done 3 flights and the only thing that doesn't seem to work in the button control version is the FO setting the RTO braking during the before taxi checklist and also auto braking during the descent checklist. . Is there something I am doing wrong?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

In SOP 2, the Pilot Flying would set the brakes to RTO.

Why?

Because when doing the Brief, you hand control to the FO, making him the PF.

You then become the PNF.

As the PNF, you are responsible for items in the PNF's area of responsibility.

The autobrake knob is in the PNF's area of responsibility.

Clear as mud  :smile:

In SOP 2, the Pilot Flying would set the brakes to RTO.

Why?

Because when doing the Brief, you hand control to the FO, making him the PF.

You then become the PNF.

As the PNF, you are responsible for items in the PNF's area of responsibility.

The autobrake knob is in the PNF's area of responsibility.

Clear as mud  :smile:

Regarding the RTO setting, on page 20 of the tutorial, it has the list of settings for the Before Taxi checklist.  

BEFORE TAXI CHECKLIST
GENERATORS (F) ON
PROBE HEAT (F) ON
ANTI-ICE (F) _____
ISOLATION VALVE (F) AUTO
ENGINE START SWITCHES (F) CONT
RECALL (F) CHECKED
AUTOBRAKE (F) RTO
ENGINE START LEVERS © IDLE DETENT
FLIGHT CONTROLS © CHECKED
DISPATCH CLEARANCE ( B) CHECKED

Doesn't this mean that the first officer is supposed to set the RTO?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The FO should have set the autobrake to RTO during the Preflight (page 14 in the tutorial).

The caveat at the top of the page is "TUTORIAL ASSUMES FO WILL DO IT BASED ON DEFAULT CONFIG OPTION"

He sets RTO on my setup, so it does work.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

The FO should have set the autobrake to RTO during the Preflight (page 14 in the tutorial).

The caveat at the top of the page is "TUTORIAL ASSUMES FO WILL DO IT BASED ON DEFAULT CONFIG OPTION"

He sets RTO on my setup, so it does work.

I guess I still have questions about where is the best place to start a flight when using either short turn around or long on the 737. Are you starting at the Pre Flight procedure on page 11 of the tutorial, or at the Pre Flight Checklist which is on page 15 of the tutorial?  Which is best? 

I guess I still have questions about where is the best place to start a flight when using either short turn around or long on the 737. Are you starting at the Pre Flight procedure on page 11 of the tutorial, or at the Pre Flight Checklist which is on page 15 of the tutorial?  Which is best? 

Ah!  I see what you are doing.  I was assuming you were starting as a "crew change" or "first flight".  I your case, I believe you have to set RTO as part of your preflight (like Bryan mentioned).

Either way work, you just have to adjust to the procedure you're using.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I use FS2Crew NGX Reboot all the time (somtimes 3 flights a day) and the FO always sets RTO, and I only ever use SOP 2 (Button).

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I use FS2Crew NGX Reboot all the time (somtimes 3 flights a day) and the FO always sets RTO, and I only ever use SOP 2 (Button).

Mike, where do you start the checklist exactly, in other words what page on the tutorial?   The other question I have is in the Setup CFG for the Button version there are these three settings. 

1.  FO   Power up Proc   - Yes

2.  FO   Prelim Proc           Yes

3.   Preflight SUP  Proc      Yes.  

Are these settings the way your's are set?  

Thanks,

Where was my brain in my reply!

For some reason I was think about setting the autobrake for the landing.

Are you using any other software that my control the autobrake?

No, no other software that would control autobrake. Are my settings in the cfg set correctly, that I posted above..

.1.  FO   Power up Proc   - Yes

2.  FO   Prelim Proc           Yes

3.   Preflight SUP  Proc      Yes.  

Someone else mentioned that maybe I am starting in the wrong place. I am starting at the Preflight checklist at middle of page 15 in the tutorial. When I run the Before Taxi Checklist, all the announcements are correct including the announcement for autobrake, but the autobrake never moves. Someone on Facebook stated that theirs does not move either. 

I just tried it in the Voice control version, and the RTO was set....

I think for the Autobrake to stay in the RTO position, the IRS must be fully aligned.

So ensure the IRS is fully aligned.

Cheers,

Fully aligned. The RTO is supposed to be set during the Before Taxi Checklist which is way after programming FMC, aligning IRS, engine start, etc. I also found out tonight that the autobrake is not shut off by the FO during the After Landing Procedure either in button mode.  Everything else works. It seems there is no communication in the button mode between FS 2Crew FO and the Autobrake switch. 

Bob,

Are you using a custom panel state file, or one of the PMDG stock ones?

Sometimes custom panel state files can introduce weird behavior, which is why I recommend people stick to the PMDG stock ones.

Everything is standard on  the PMDG except Immersion. I don't think Immersion does anything with the panels. The strange thing is that it works perfectly in voice mode.