Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

One small problem with button control version

That is strange because voice or button makes no difference... the code that handles the flow is the same.

Could a different livery possibly affect the panel. I have been using the same Delta 737-600 livery, which was installed with the PMDG livery manager?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's unlikely, but it's computers so never say never.

Try it with the stock PMDG livery.

I tried with the default PMDG 737-800 after rebooting PC and restarting FS 2 Crew.  Same thing. Oh well, just will set manually. No big deal, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. . 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I re-read your posts.

I think I know the problem.

You're not running the Pre-Flight events (PF Events).  You're skipping it.

In Button Control, the FO will set the autobrake to RTO during his Pre Flight flow.

Look at page 14 in the Button Control manual.

Cheers,

I re-read your posts.

I think I know the problem.

You're not running the Pre-Flight events (PF Events).  You're skipping it.

In Button Control, the FO will set the autobrake to RTO during his Pre Flight flow.

Look at page 14 in the Button Control manual.

Cheers,

This Button Tutorial has me totally confused.  When I start FS 2 Crew in button mode, the first screen that comes up is Pre Flight Checklist... Which is on Page 15 in the tutorial......  I never see Pre Flight Events. ON Page 20 of the tutorial is where the before taxi checklist mentions the following checks:  

BEFORE TAXI CHECKLIST
GENERATORS (F) ON
PROBE HEAT (F) ON
ANTI-ICE (F) _____
ISOLATION VALVE (F) AUTO
ENGINE START SWITCHES (F) CONT
RECALL (F) CHECKED
AUTOBRAKE (F) RTO
ENGINE START LEVERS © IDLE DETENT
FLIGHT CONTROLS © CHECKED
DISPATCH CLEARANCE ( B) CHECKED

All the items on this list above  are set correctly expect  Autobrake (F) RTO which is not moved at all.   If this item is not supposed to be addressed in this Before Taxi Checklist, then why is it there? If it is the Captains job to set RTO rather than the first officer's job, , then why doesn't it say  " Autobrake © RTO ? 

Hi Bob,

The Autobrake to RTO is part of the FO's pre-flight flow.  

The FO will set the brake to RTO during that specific procedure.

Have you configured FO's Pre-Flight procedure itself to be skipped when the Pre-Flight events is run?

The Pre Flight events (PF events) is done on every leg (if desired).  It's not just used during Cold and Dark.  You'd still run it if the cockpit is Warm.

If you don't wish to run it, you would need to perform the FO's flow items manually, and that includes setting the autobrake to RTO.

In Voice Control, I added a backup that's not in Button Control for those who skip the Pre-Flight events.  I can add that backup for button control in a future update.

Hi Bob,

The Autobrake to RTO is part of the FO's pre-flight flow.  

The FO will set the brake to RTO during that specific procedure.

Have you configured FO's Pre-Flight procedure itself to be skipped when the Pre-Flight events is run?

The Pre Flight events (PF events) is done on every leg (if desired).  It's not just used during Cold and Dark.  You'd still run it if the cockpit is Warm.

If you don't wish to run it, you would need to perform the FO's flow items manually, and that includes setting the autobrake to RTO.

In Voice Control, I added a backup that's not in Button Control for those who skip the Pre-Flight events.  I can add that backup for button control in a future update.

OK, now it all makes sense.. Thanks...

Bob,

Check out page 40 of the "NGX REBOOT MAIN OPS MANUAL".  It will show you how to run the preflight.  Without that, the first officer doesn't do any of his setting up, such as walk around, oxygen test, and of course Autobrake to RTO among many other setups.

And, it also sequences FS2Crew regarding the FA and Fuel loading, etc.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Mike, where do you start the checklist exactly, in other words what page on the tutorial?   The other question I have is in the Setup CFG for the Button version there are these three settings. 

1.  FO   Power up Proc   - Yes

2.  FO   Prelim Proc           Yes

3.   Preflight SUP  Proc      Yes.  

Are these settings the way your's are set?  

Thanks,

Hi Bob, yes to all 3, and I always "warm start (i.e. Short Turn around) with prflight events"

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I finally figured out where all my confusion started. When I started flying FS 2 crew, after doing the tutorial once, I forgot all about hitting PF button in the Secondary Panel in order to start the Pre-Flight Events. I couldn't figure out why it kept starting in "Pre Flight Checklist". I realized that late last night after re-reading the tutorial once again. Anyway, thanks everyone for your help.