Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

What is this on the nose wheel (screenshot)?

Ok, I confess my ignorance! Is this supposed to remain on the nose wheel the whole time? The texture file (F1_B732_F1_T.bmp) indicates, with a little arrow 'For hush kit only' - the hush kit's on the engine though, not on the nose wheel!). It seems a bit close to the ground, whatever!

Nose.jpg

Oddly, only one of the liveries I have installed in the TinMouse 732 shows it - and even if I use one of the other livery texture folders for this a/c (change entry for texture= in the aircraft.cfg file to a different one), it's still there - although it is not present on the aircraft to which that texture folder properly belongs. I have also tried every model available, and it's still there, but just on this one livery!.

I am mystified, but I dare say someone will explain!

Thanks.

It is a gravel protection kit. Landing on some obscure airport where the runaway isn't in pristine condition? Gravel kit prevents (hopefully) stones being thrown up into the engines and or air inlets or damaging the ports

Peter Schluter

I see Peter you are the guru here in these TN forums! :-) Thanks; never seen this before.

It is odd to me though that I can't remove it: none of the other liveries has it, just this one. As I say, changing the models between PNK, PHK etc. didn't remove it, nor did changing the texture folder to another livery whose associated a/c doesn't show the gravel kit itself. Where on earth is the information to include the gravel kit on this one livery coming from...  Weird.

I see Peter you are the guru here in these TN forums! :-)

Yes, I need to get out more !

I have the Sudan repaint with the gravel kit too. It is the model PGK (GK=Gravel Kit).

Peter Schluter

OK!! But I don't have a model folder 'PGK' present, I guess it must be wrongly labelled.

Even so, even if the PGK model is in a folder called PNK (or whatever) I have, as I say, duplicated the aircraft.cfg entries for each livery for the 732 precisely, apart from the title and entry number of course, so as to use the same model and same textures, and still, whatever the permutation, only the Sudan livery has the gravel kit. Doesn't make sense.

I'll check again tomorrow (too late to fire up the FS PC now), but I am 100% sure that the gravel kit was there even though the model was set as PNK, or PHK (I am doing this from memory; I think those are the names of the models). I reloaded the Sudan livery via the default C170 as well, just to be sure the a/c was reloading OK....

Gravel kit now gone - no idea why it persisted like that or why it has suddenly disappeared. I haven't changed the aircraft.cfg settings since I posted the screenshot. :nea:

Gravel kit now gone - no idea why it persisted like that or why it has suddenly disappeared. I haven't changed the aircraft.cfg settings since I posted the screenshot. :nea:

I don't understand your post?

The gravel kit is visible when the model= entry points to the PGK model folder (or another folder containing the PGK settings). It cannot simply change all by itself.

Peter Schluter

It cannot simply change all by itself...

Au contraire! You underestimate the power of computers to frustrate their owners by doing what they want rather than what they are programmed to do!

But seriously, the Sudan livery was definitely set to model=pnk, not pgk - I copied the entry of another livery, which showed no gravel kit in FS9, and just changed the title= & texture= lines to the Sudan livery - and the gravel kit remained, on that Sudan paint only, even though I reloaded the a/c via the c170. The kit only disappeared the next day after I had rebooted and tried again.

I am not surprised if you are sceptical, but unless I am going completely crazy, that is what happened - I was so amazed that I studied every line of the Sudan entry minutely to make sure I hadn't made a mistake..I agree it is odd and probably not very believable to anyone who didn't see it with their own eyes.