Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

B727 Landing Lights

Greetings all!

I'm having an issue with the landing lights on the B727. Once I activate the lights, they never seem to turn off. With the gear and slats/flaps retracted, there is an area of illumination coming from the wing roots, even though all the switches are off. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but I like fly the plane with my VA. The flight tracker/Client then "sees" the lights in the "on" position, even though switches are physically in the "off" position. This results in my getting penalized for have the landing lights on above 10,000' MSL.

This is in FSX-SE on a Windows 10 64 bit machine.

I can get the penalties removed by letting the admins of the flight tracker/client know what happened, but that is kind of a pain.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The way around that is to turn all the lights on via the L command and then shut them off again with the same command.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Just to make  sure that I understand you correctly, turn on all the lights for the aircraft and then turn them all off above 10,000'? Set the other lights as desired after using L?

Thanks,

Scott

It's silly, I know, but the landing lights get stuck on (I thought CS fixed this, but apparently not). The only way to get them off is to turn everything on with the L key, then turn them all off with the L key, then turn on only what you need (nav, beacon, strobe) manually using the switches. Stupid, yes, realistic, no, but it's all 'pretend' anyway.

Thanks for the clarification! I'll have another go with the 727 in the upcoming days. Really do like that plane despite the little glitches that Capt Sim hasn't fixed.

Cheers,

Scott

I do have that aircraft - and really like it :-)

Now if Just Flight would just get their act together and finish the service packs for the DC8 series...

Sign in to follow this