Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Status of SP2?

As previously said, when will SP2 surface please?   Is it still planned or has it been dropped?

Thank you.

Dave Taylor gb.png

As previously said, when will SP2 surface please?   Is it still planned or has it been dropped?

Thank you.

PMDG hasn't even announced that there is a NGXv2 on the schedule. So, a little confused with "As previously said," said by whom?

Dan Downs KCRP

PMDG hasn't even announced that there is a NGXv2 on the schedule. So, a little confused with "As previously said," said by whom?

I recalling someone mentioning it a while back. It needs to happen ether way.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone provide a link to a post or topic where a representative of PMDG indicates there will be an SP2. I didn't think so. As of right now there is no SP2.

Can anyone provide a link to a post or topic where a representative of PMDG indicates there will be an SP2. I didn't think so. As of right now there is no SP2.

Randazzo mentions the SP2 in this post: http://www.avsim.com/topic/460570-24jan15-fsxse-compatibility-and-other-juicy-news/

"I want to be clear that we are calling this FSX update SP1d for the NGX products, as we are not going to get to a few of the major items we intend for the SP2 update that has been discussed for some time.  I'll have more information on what is included at a later time- so please don't fill the thread with individual requests/demands that we do X or Y.  The stuff that gets addressed comes from our own internal matrix of development needs- and won't have any outside input..." 

I think they are very occupied by now, preparing the 747 V2 and the DC-6 for 3 platforms... So I guess the SP2 will only come after the release of both products...

None of those quotes are PMDG announcing a schedule for NGX2.  Simply put, there's a list of improvements and minor bug fixes for the product but to my knowledge PMDG has not allocated any resources nor scheduled development time to the effort.

Maybe in a couple years, maybe? Not much else to see here, move along.

Dan Downs KCRP

Additionally, the posts quoted from me are from before I was brought into the team, so that shouldn't be used as any sort of official word.

Kyle Rodgers

If I may ask....

It feels (as a biased consumer of the NGX!) that it's been slightly neglected compared to its bigger brothers and sisters (777 and 747/748)

From a technical stand point, the NG has had a lot of changes and updates since it was released -

Scimitars

Led Landing lights

New start levers

To name a few. I appreciate that there is a timetable that PMDG must have and they are good at posting updates from time to time with what's happening and SP1d? Was a great addition.

But, the NGX I would have thought has a massive consumer base, and some of us geeks really want to get into scimitar equipped NGX or have an updated cockpit window dimension.

I don't want to come across as ungrateful/demanding or asking for answers.

It's just my 2 pence (2 cents for my American friends!) that the NGX feels a bit neglected.

Dan

• Upvote 4

It feels (as a biased consumer of the NGX!) that it's been slightly neglected compared to its bigger brothers and sisters (777 and 747/748)

In what way? Each time the 777 got updated, the 737 got updated (with the exception of the last update to bring the 777 VAS footprint closer to the 737's).

Kyle Rodgers

And what about: Highly likely SP2 will have it among other enhancements the 777 has.

Ryan Maziarz gave this.

So SP2 was planned to come!

Highly likely  is  not  the  same  as  being  planned  2  different  things

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

There was recently a post about this which was removed. In summary, do not expect a SP2 and none has been announced so far. Most likely we will see a complete rebuild on the NGX than a SP2. The NGX is from 2011 if I remember correctly, PMDG won't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

There was recently a post about this which was removed. In summary, do not expect a SP2 and none has been announced so far. Most likely we will see a complete rebuild on the NGX than a SP2. The NGX is from 2011 if I remember correctly, PMDG won't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's four and half years old. What you see, is what you got. If there is an updated NGX, it will probably be a completely new MAX many years in the future.

One - and I'll be blunt - conspiracy theories are usually pretty ridiculous, and so lost from reality that it's comical, so it might be a good practice to read the actual words of a post instead of instantly trying to dig out the supposed "truth." My earlier post said, and I will quote:

"Additionally, the posts quoted from me are from before I was brought into the team, so that shouldn't be used as any sort of official word."

I didn't say "these aren't the droids you're looking for," or "the posts are wholly incorrect, ignore them." I said that I wasn't an official source of information when those posts were made. As primary sources are considered more reliable than secondary sources, it would make sense to point out that, at the time, I was relying on information that the team had posted (ergo, a secondary source). As has been linked here, RSR has specifically referred to an SP2 in a few places, so, clearly, I wasn't saying "there is no such thing as SP2." This isn't rocket science, guys.

Two - sign your posts, or they disappear. Like the earlier concept, it's pretty cut, dry, and simple.

Kyle Rodgers

Any chance of a definitive reply from PMDG to the original question please?  I hope it doesn't fail to see the light of day like the JS41 SP2.

Andy Lawton

• Upvote 1

Any chance of a definitive reply from PMDG to the original question please?

Sorry Andy, PMDG does not provide scheduled release dates. Sometimes RSR will say maybe such-and-such a quarter maybe and at best that's a guess.  As far as PMDG responding, Kyle is PMDG and has responded a couple of time in this thread. I don't know what else you are looking for. You not getting a new NGX or JS4100 anytime soon.

Dan Downs KCRP