Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Easiest way to get back to your v/c from avatar mode?

Did some playing around in avatar mode to explore the new ESSA scenery but haven't figured out what is the easiest way to get back to my aircraft/vc once I'm done exploring?

I tried the default attach/detach command CTRL-SHIFT-E but noticed that doesn't work and guess the problem is I'm too far away from the aircraft. So...does this mean I need to run all the way back or is there some other way to "reset" the avatar to end up by the aircraft he originally was detached from? Or maybe the easiest way of all is to simply load a new flight...?

Richard Åsberg

OK, so you mean you stood next to your a/c but still couldn't get "inside" again using CTRL-SHIFT-E? If that's the case that's weird unless you changed some of the default key bindings because that worked just fine for me.

What I did to be able to move around quicker and also go back to my a/c really quick was to simply use slew mode. Would still find it nice though with a way to reset the avatar position to end up next to the a/c where you started from.

Richard Åsberg

Slew mode is a great suggestion that somehow eluded me ha...  I ran into a similar issue last night while exploring on foot some of the fantastic Return to Misty Moorings scenery.  Was all the way on the other side of a hill at a cabin, was ready to head back up, and quickly found out I was too far away from my plane to CTRL-SHIFT-E.  So, me and avatar went for an nice jog.

Despite this, I'm really enjoying Avatar mode, adds a whole new dimension of immersion when I can pop the door or canopy and walk around.

OK, so you mean you stood next to your a/c but still couldn't get "inside" again using CTRL-SHIFT-E? If that's the case that's weird unless you changed some of the default key bindings because that worked just fine for me.

What I did to be able to move around quicker and also go back to my a/c really quick was to simply use slew mode. Would still find it nice though with a way to reset the avatar position to end up next to the a/c where you started from.

Hi Allen

Do you also use EZDOK? Because i have not found a way to use slew mode with it. Dont know if it can be done.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Not sure if you meant to quote me because I'm not Allen :wink: but anyway I'm not using EZDOK.

About avatar mode I fully agree, I too think it's a great and very cool way to explore things in the scenery and in a way adds another dimension to the sim.

Richard Åsberg

The Avatar is really a lot of fun, especially when flying choppers. Been visiting some of my old mountain haunts, and then taking the avatar for a hike along some trails and climbs I have been on - makes me quite homesick and also a bit sad that age has caught up with me and I cannot ever do those trails again for real. Yes it is always a long "run" back to get close enough to the chopper to be able to get back in, and fly home! A sort cut key to get back quickly would be great.

Guess many will only have been exploring around airports so will not have tried this....

Walk or run the Avatar into the sea / lake / major river. Beside the initial shock of the "big splash" sound, a nice surprise awaits anyone trying this! Will not spoil the fun by saying what happens next - give it a try! Very capable fellow that Mr Avatar.

Rob

Robin Harris

Walk or run the Avatar into the sea / lake / major river. Beside the initial shock of the "big splash" sound, a nice surprise awaits anyone trying this! Will not spoil the fun by saying what happens next - give it a try! Very capable fellow that Mr Avatar.

Looking forward to try this out :smile:

Richard Åsberg