Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

WA3 TJSJ jetways show up in LatinVFR TJSJ scenery!

I recently purchased LatinVFR's TJSJ scenery (forgetting that TJSJ is included in the World Airport 3 airport scenery I already had installed in FS2004).  When I loaded it I could see some disconnected jetways that didn't seem to belong.  I contacted LatinVFR thinking this was a case of sloppy programming on LatinVFR's part.  It wasn't.  Turns out the disconnected jetways belong to World Airport 3's TJSJ scenery.

I tried deactiviting WA3's TJSJ which made all the WA3 TJSJ scenery disappear EXCEPT the jetways!  I tried simply deleting the TJSJ scenery from the scenery library.  Didn't work.  Deleting the TJSJ folder from the FS2004/Just Flight/WA3 folder didn't work either.  Finally I tried uninstalling WA3 entirely (the WA3 uninstaller doesn't give you the chance to install or uninstall specific airports, it an all or nothing thing).  But STILL the WA3 TJSJ jetways are showing up in the LatinVFR TJSJ scenery!

How the heck to I get get rid of these  WA3 TJSJ jetways!?  As much as I loved WA3's TJSJ scenery, LatinVFR's is better and these orphaned WA3 TJSJ jetways have got to go!!!

The WA3 airports ARE by Imaginesim.  They include Atlanta, Charlotte, Cincinati, Nassau, and San Juan all bundled together in World Airports 3...They are installed in a Just Flight folder, not a Imaginesim folder.

I don't think so.  They are static jetways and they were part of the WA3 TJSJ terminal building before I got AES.  Regardless, how do I remove them?

Run the WA3 installer to a temporary destination outside FS (eg. D:\WA3TEST)

You will see the folders it creates, like Addon Scenery, etc.

Probably there will be a scenery folder, outside the Addon Scenery folder where it installs the jetway bgl-s.

So you need to look for that(/those) bgl(s) in your normal FS9 installment and delete them.

I don't think the installer allows you to change the destination folder (but it might be worth a try anywayz).  Without knowing the names of the jetway bgls it'll be hard to track them down.

Hey, edetroit, turns out you were right!  The orphaned imaginesim TJSJ jetways were from AES.  I had to turn imaginesims' TJSJ off in AES BEFORE deleting it from FS2004's scenery library.  Leaving the scenery active in AES kept the AES jetways active.

That was the good news.  There's a bit of bad news (more mysterious than bad though) to go with the good.  When exiting FS2004 with the LatinVFR TJSJ scenery loaded causes one of those error messages saying the software you were using , in this case FS2004, "encountered an unexpected problem and had to close, etc. etc."  No be deal really as it comes after FS2004 is already in the process of shutting down anyway.   Not sure what is causing it unless its because I still Imaginesim's TJSJ scenery on my hard drive.  It's deleted from fS2004's scenery library though so this issue is a bit of a puzzle...