Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

fsx gold edition not opening up

I have fsx gold edition which also includes acceleration and I have been simming for several years.

Here is my problem the fsx icon comes up onto the desktop with the big blue screen saying Microsoft flight simulator x.,  Problems is it does not open up.

suggestions on how to fix this please????

So are you saying you double-click the FSX Icon and the FSX Splash Screen comes up but never goes any further?

If so, then you may have a corrupted Logbook.bin file.  Go to My Documents/Fight Simulator X folder and open it.

Look for the Logbook.bin file and rename it to Logbook_orig.bin (This is so it can be repaired later).  Now restart FSX

and see if it will open as it normally would.

There are logbook repair programs in the Library.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

also when I click on the fsx.exe icon  I get sometimes an aerror message that says  error id=25 {null}

this might sound stupid where is my documents ?

"My Documents" is a folder on your Windows Operating System.  There should be a shortcut on your desktop.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

found Logbook_orig.bin but got no results.  Forgot the original setting for this would you know? Charliearon

Any other suggestions why fsx gold edition with acceleration will not open up ? Been asimmming for many yrs never had this problem before.

Could it be that you found Logbook.bin and changed it to Logbook_orig.bin and restarted FSX?

You did a fresh start of FSX. Right?

There was a post similar to this a while back so I'll do a search and see what the answer was there.

Charlie Aron

still getting error message id=25[null]  fsx will not open up for me

by the way I have windows 7 which is the correct version for fsx gold edition UIAutomationcore.dll

Try to disable (i.e. back up with a different name) fsx.cfg.

C:\users\your name\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg

or something like that...

then boot FSX up...

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

UIAutomationcore.dll..............v 6.0.5840.16386

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

tried with the fsx cfg and took it out but still would not open up thanks for the version dogtrack.

any other suggestions on how to fix this problem still getting the error message id=25[null]

this never happened to me where the big blue screen would not open up with fsx gold edition, very frustrated. and I surely don't want to do an uninstall install..

Is there a repair cd cause I stil have the cds since this also includes acceleration, trying everything

suggestions welcomed please.

Maybe I misinterpreted your first post.  You say the FSX ICON comes up on your desktop with a

big blue screen.  Are you able to post a screenshot of what you see?

In case you need to do a REPAIR....read below.

The biggie with a Repair is any default file, including those default aircraft.cfgs with added liveries, that have been modified, tweaked, or otherwise changed, will be returned to default status.
You can make a copy of your existing FSX folder/subfolders before the repair and paste those individual files back in afterwards.

If you have SP1, SP2, or Acceleration installed, they must be uninstalled before a repair attempt, and reinstalled, after the repair, or it won't work.
Once you have your FSX up and running properly again, back it up, all of it.
You may need it again and it's a lot easier than a Repair or Re-Install

Charlie Aron