Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Heavy Metal Help

Most of my flying on simulators has been GA and Helicopters. Would like to start flying tubeliners. I won't to start off with something that is not real complex, something easy without a lot of FMS setup. I flew the default tubeliners with FSX and enjoyed those very much. any ideas for v3.1?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Using a programme like FS2Crew can really lower the learning curve, particularly 'button control' so don't discount a PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus add on.

Cheers Dave

Using a programme like FS2Crew can really lower the learning curve, particularly 'button control' so don't discount a PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus add on.

Cheers Dave

Thanks Dave, that sounds like a good option. What other addons would you suggest for a new airline pilot?        Thanks

Regards

Lamar Wright

I'd recommend the Majestic Dash 8.  It fits nicely between a twin turbo and a full blown Boeing or Airbus.  It has an FMC, but you certainly could fly it on many of it's routes without using the FMC.  It expands on the basic autopilot modes, but doesn't  have as many as a full tubeliner.  And it has FS2Crew (which I second).

Eric Szczesniak

I started with the Quality Wings 757 - it is a little dated now, but it has a simplified, yet very capable FMS.  It's a good first step tubeliner IMHO.

I started with the Quality Wings 757 - it is a little dated now, but it has a simplified, yet very capable FMS.  It's a good first step tubeliner IMHO.

Hi Todd, will it work with p3dv3.1 ?

Regards

Lamar Wright

+1 for the QW 757. Great simulation with some fantastic engine sounds. New P3D installer available as well.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

+1 for the QW 757. Great simulation with some fantastic engine sounds. New P3D installer available as well.

Thanks for the info TrafficPilot, saw it on UTUBE and it is a fantastic aircraft. Will be getting it for my hanger for sure.

Regards

Lamar Wright