Sign in to follow this  
louisgr

Update your FSX navaid database to the latest AIRAC!

Won’t this update not only change the runway numbers/headings but cause misalignment on approaches when flying ILS LNAV approaches?

For example:  Wont your AC be heading on 028 bearing to follow the localizer when the runway has been updated in sim and now points in the bearing direction of 029?

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Won’t this update not only change the runway numbers/headings but cause misalignment on approaches when flying ILS LNAV approaches?

For example:  Wont your AC be heading on 028 bearing to follow the localizer when the runway has been updated in sim and now points in the bearing direction of 029?

Nope.. the runway does not move.. it simply gets new painted markings :cool:

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Nope.. the runway does not move.. it simply gets new painted markings :cool:

Really?   Does everything still work ILS wise even when there’s a mismatch in the stock AP AFCAD and the new updated NAVdata?

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

On 9/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, Kilo60 said:

Really?   Does everything still work ILS wise even when there’s a mismatch in the stock AP AFCAD and the new updated NAVdata?

Yes - no issues so far and I have been using Herves' updates for maybe five years now.  I update it and my Navigraph monthly.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

9 hours ago, BF Bullpup said:

Yes - no issues so far and I have been using Herves' updates for maybe five years now.  I update it and my Navigraph monthly.

Ok... can you still use the default flight planner to plan and import IFR flights for use with stock ATC or does the new updated NAVData overwrite and outdate the stock flight planner feature with map? 

Chris Camp

32 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Ok... can you still use the default flight planner to plan and import IFR flights for use with stock ATC or does the new updated NAVData overwrite and outdate the stock flight planner feature with map?  

This from the docs "Replacement of stock navaids BGL files (as well as airport and airway data in the Europe area)may have side effects on generated flight plans, map display, GPS approaches using default sim data (but not those using external providers) and possibly AI traffic and ATC functionalities."

So, I would expect the FSX flight planner to have issues.  Besides, Little NavMap is free and a much more powerful flight planner.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

48 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

You can still use the default FSX flight planner if you wish. :wink:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert