Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Megascenery California 4X missing large section of scenery

Hi Jim, do the 16 files show in your uninstall or change a program file? they should be 1-16 if they all installed. I have had the same problem using the self installer. regards.

Hi Jim, do the 16 files show in your uninstall or change a program file? they should be 1-16 if they all installed. I have had the same problem using the self installer. regards.

Thanks for the help.  All 16 installers show up in the Add/Remove Programs.  Windows Explorer states there are 779 files.

I have had missing tiles in the past but that was before the self-installer and I would simply miss an installer.  In this case, I have gone through the installers and made sure they looked complete.  One anomaly I have seen in the file structure is the fact it appears I'm missing .bgl's 1 through 15.  My file structure starts with:

**AR_16.bgl through **AR_66.bgl

**AS_16.bgl through **AS_66.bgl

**AT_16.bgl through **AT_66.bgl

etc., etc.  Where is **AR_1.bgl through **AR_16.bgl?

I just checked the download link site and see no additions or changes.  I have sent an e-mail requesting support so will see if there really is a problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I just got a response from MegaScenery Customer Service and they just discovered the error in the 009 file and are up-loading it again.  Got the response within 24 hours and can't complain about that!

I agree Dean is very helpful and know he frequents these forums.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, let us know when the installer is fixed, please.

It works great.  It wasn't the installer but they found a problem with the 9th file and replaced it.  I did a quick flight after reinstalling the 9th file and everything is back to normal with all tiles present. 

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

It would be nice if they corrected the MSE2 Northern Ireland photoscenery, but I fear that there is a lot more to sort out than a single file :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Jim,

Is there any difference between MSE2 and 4X as you get closer to the ground during final?. As a side note, why is it so difficult to get access to PC Aviator online forum after purchase?. They don't allow gmail for some reason, I don't keep a local email address because if I move and lose the local provider now I have to notify a ton of people... just not worth the hassle of having a local email address.

Still emailing PCAviator trying to get access, I'll keep you posted. Would like to purchase the entire US at 4X, but not if I don't have access to Megascenery's online forum. I'll be spending a lot of money on scenery, I want access to the official site.

BTW: Florida 4X looks really nice, however I don't have MSE2 to compare it to!.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Jim,

Is there any difference between MSE2 and 4X as you get closer to the ground during final?. As a side note, why is it so difficult to get access to PC Aviator online forum after purchase?. They don't allow gmail for some reason, I don't keep a local email address because if I move and lose the local provider now I have to notify a ton of people... just not worth the hassle of having a local email address.

Still emailing PCAviator trying to get access, I'll keep you posted. Would like to purchase the entire US at 4X, but not if I don't have access to Megascenery's online forum. I'll be spending a lot of money on scenery, I want access to the official site.

I don't look out the cockpit that much on landing so probably the wrong person to ask regarding that question but I will do some research.  With your awesome setup, I'm positive you need a nice view on landing.  I just have a measly Dell 34" Curved monitor at 3440x1440 resolution... :smile:  I have MSE2X and 4X's for Florida so will provide pictures to provide a comparison for you (hopefully within the next hour or two).

I'm not sure I'm liking the fact that I'm paying $20 each for California Lower 4X's and California Upper 4X's.  That's at a discount as I purchased MSE2.  So it will be an $80 product (at 50% discount) for all of California.  Then, what's next?  MSE6X?  Then MSE8X's. I suspect 4X's is the best we will see for a long time so I'm probably way off base as usual.  I own almost all of the US states in MSE2X's (43).   I have spent a lot just on California getting Socal several years ago and MSE2 and then the Ultra areas for LA to San Diego and the San Francisco area.  The California Lower and Upper 4X's appears to be much clearer to me and FPS seem to be the same.  I'm not completely satisfied with the mountain next to Palm Springs as it is not a detailed and clear as the one I saw in SoCal but it still looks nice.  Why the major difference I do not know.  

I believe PC Aviator got rid of their forums a long time ago.  This is one reason why Tom, at the suggestion of others, decided to set up this Photoscenery Forum.  I do know that PC Aviator visits this forum regularly.  Dean from PC Aviator use to visit and post frequently too and hope he comes back and provides more help to our membership.  As I recall, Megascenery forums, when they were active, were supported by individuals like me who helped others when they had questions.  Rarely did anyone from PC Aviator or Megascenery post and that upset many.  So, I strongly recommend you simply continue to post here.  When I had the trouble with the missing tiles above, I sent it via gmail to megasceneryearth@pcaviator.com and PC Aviator Customer Support responded with a solution to my problem in less than a day.  I did enter my name and order number to prove I owned the product and that may have made a difference.

I'll get back to you soon!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Okay Mike, I deleted my MSE2 Florida after I installed MSE4 but I still have MSE2 Southern Calif so I can compare it with MSE4 California Lower.  These images were taken at about 850 feet.  I think you can tell the 4X's are clearer and show more detail (but still a bit blurry)(still better)...

First MSE2X's -

2XMSESouthernCalifornia.png

And then MSE4X's

4xLowerCalif.png

MSE2X's

2XMSESouthernCalifornia_01.png

and lastly 4X's

4xLowerCalif_01.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I'm not completely satisfied with the mountain next to Palm Springs as it is not a detailed and clear as the one I saw in SoCal but it still looks nice. Why the major difference I do not know.

Here's the mountain next to Palm Springs.  Notice how much clearer Calif SoCal looks in comparison to MSE2 and MSE4.  SoCal looks so much more detailed.

This is MSE2X -

Calif_MSE2X.png

This is MSE California_Lower 4X -

Calif_Lower_4X.png

And this is the first product from MSE - SoCal -

Calif_SoCal.png

I think there's quite a difference.

EDIT:  Thought I would include GEP3D w/UTX2

GEP3D_UTX2.png

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the shots they do look a little better than the earlier version. I see what you mean about SoCal, wow that is a big difference. Looks as though someone used the wrong tile.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Jim

As to the last para of your post #24, I only came back to flight simming in 2012 after a 14 year break and, thus, don't know what historically may have been the position with PC Aviator and a forum for Mega Scenery.

However, Dean established the PC Aviator Australia Community Forum in early 2013. Part of it is a dedicated MSE sub-forum which can be found at http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/forum/9-megasceneryearth-general-discussion/  I suspect that this is what Mike is referring to.

Gary

Hi guys,

Yes, it's the online forum based in Australia that I'm talking about, I'm still working on gaining access to the Mega-Scenery Earth sub forums.

Mike

Jim

As to the last para of your post #24, I only came back to flight simming in 2012 after a 14 year break and, thus, don't know what historically may have been the position with PC Aviator and a forum for Mega Scenery.

However, Dean established the PC Aviator Australia Community Forum in early 2013. Part of it is a dedicated MSE sub-forum which can be found at http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/forum/9-megasceneryearth-general-discussion/  I suspect that this is what Mike is referring to.

Gary

Thanks Gary for bringing the forum to our attention.  Glad to see they have one up and running!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM