Sign in to follow this  
castarr

Did I jump the gun on my purchase?

Folks,

I have a Intel ® HD Graphics card that came with my Gateway..I3-3220 6GB..DDR3) Hey it was on sale....:-) 

I forgot to check my current version of Direct X..and noticed it had a DX11...

Stevex DX10 Scenery Fixer..has some real nice features..and decided to purchase...

My DX11 and my current "tweaked,re-tweaked...re-re-tweaked fx.cfg..with my target of 30 FPS (Oh, i  use that FX Fiber Acceleration program..gives me a little boost on FPS)

Will there be any advantage to install...Stevefx  DX10..Scenery fixer?  Maybe try it out..for the water features?...just asking..

I know we simmers..always trying to get the best fluidity..on our game...just wanted to see if SteveX DX10 could help out!

Your input(s) welcome,

Respectfully,

Chris

There is a less featured demo type version that you could try before you buy.  I think its available in the Library files somewhere.

Hmmm..i have already purchased the whole "kitten kabootal" and i believe i'll give it a try...with my existing fx.cfg...(yes..i will have a back up. ;)

I will see what the "DX10 fixer can do...

thank you kindly..

Chris

Hmmm..i have already purchased the whole "kitten kabootal" and i believe i'll give it a try...with my existing fx.cfg...(yes..i will have a back up. ;)

I will see what the "DX10 fixer can do...

thank you kindly..

Chris

Let us know how it works Chris.

Regards

Lamar Wright

I have tested features..of the DX10 Scenery Fixer version 2.11 on my existing..Intel ® graphics dual core 4 thread// Core I3-3220 at FSDreamteams KLAX

I used the BufferPools..and my Affinity Mask 14....

I run the FX Fiber Acceleration to boost frame rates...(only a bit..but works for me)

I run the AI Controller version 1.4 

Set Frame Rate to 30 FPS

Frame rates WITHOUT the DX10 Scenery Fixer FSX worked fine..based on my fx.cfg...(big drop when you pull onto the runway..and make that arching turn)

Frame rates WITH the DX10 Scenery Fixer with only water features..worked great...about the same..FPS as without it..plus i like the "white caps" on the water..wave action..thingy...

Activating the light effects..and clouds.//NO shadows....DX10 Scenery fixer..an OK performance  on frame rates..i would fly with those..without "cussing too bad"..:-)

I clicked the rain features..and had the sim..custom on rain to low...Not so good...on frame rates...bounced all over the place..above the cloud layer..got the 30..

in the cloud layer with rain...anywhere from 5.6-22.0...

Anyway,..i'll keep piddling with it from time to time..to see what this thing can..do..i'll check additional tutorials..on it..also..

I guess my pc...to ancient now....but FSX..working on it...just fine...

Love my FSX..

Best to all

Thanks Stevex...for this program

Respectfully,

Chris

FSX only uses dx9 or DX10, doesnt matter what ver your OS has. DX11 has backward comapitbility but FSX cant use the features.