Sign in to follow this  
scoob

forum searching results in error

when trying to search the following is the response from the forum software -

Sorry, we could not find that or you do not have permission to access it. If you are attempting to access a specific forum and are receiving this message, it is likely that you have not signed in or are not registered. Please sign in, or register. Registration and use of the AVSIM is free and only takes a minute or two. Join the largest flight simulation community on the net today! If you are registered and signed in, click on the AVSIM banner at the top left. If you are attempting to log in from a TOR network, you will not be allowed to do so.

i am logged in...

i on not on a TOR network ...

i enter search term (feelthere) into search box ..

i select 'search forums' ...

i click the search icon ...

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Hello D. Are you referring to the search facility at the top right of the page? Personally, I always search with Google but what ever I'm searching I always put Avsim at the end

Example

"How do I install PMDG Avsim".

I get this message all of the time and I'm an Admin!  There is obviously a glitch somewhere on our system.  In order for me or anyone else to assist you, please provide us exactly what you tried to do.  For instance I clicked on the Search button and looked for Store (meaning the AVSIM Store).  I immediately got the message because the information and any links to the Store have been removed as we shutdown the store some time ago.  I then went into the Advanced search and click on to search just the Store and it came back with there were no hits for what I was searching for.  So we need something to replicate your error message so that our techs can take a look at it and try to duplicate.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You have to provide specifics in order for us to help.  It does not occur all of the time but in just certain searches.  What did you do to get the error?  I need to replicate in order to see if there is a problem with our system or with your system.

Best regards,

Okay, I'm getting the error message every time I'm on the main forum page and then enter flight as the search term (and any word) so there is definitely a problem.  I'll pass it to our tech.  Thanks to all for bringing it to our attention.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I get the same error as well.  I log in to Avsim as I normally would, and then I click the Forums button at the top to go to the forums index.  From there, I use the search box in the top right corner and I usually search for "roland radar" (no quotes), and it doesn't matter if I hit Enter or click the green button next to the text box, I still get the error message.  It has been giving me the same error now for three or four days perhaps.  Is there anything more specific you need?  I'm also not using TOR, and like I said I am signed in.

any news on fixing the forum's search function?  really annoying not being able to search.

Looks like it will be down for some time.  Chase is looking for a fix in the code.  Apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Good find Kenz!  The search engine is not totally broken and it might make it easier to find the code that isn't working properly.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Any news on this?  The search in the top right still isn't working, but the advanced search does, so it isn't that big a deal.  Just an extra step  :smile:

So far we have not found the code that Chase's big thumb hit.  Chase has been very busy moving to his new house.  We hope to have this fixed soon.  Thanks for everyone's patience.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM