Sign in to follow this  
scoob

forum searching results in error

The search bar works again!  Just decided to try it on a whim and it worked!

Thanks for passing on the info.  I was unaware it was fixed but we did do a maintenance and security update on Wednesday night so perhaps that fixed the problem. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

When the search engine can't find

"active sky next 16" or;

"active sky next"

Something is terribly wrong with;

the search engine;

its set-up;

or its administration;

or all of the above....and has As it has been since I've been on Avsim.

The limitation of the the four letter minimum is ludicrous and indicates a product/product developer product administrator/s who/which has/have no concept of database information retrieval.

I rarely use Avsim's search engine, rather using google with "Site:Avsim.com"

Sad to see in this day in age...when database entry and retrieval is central to everything done in the cloud.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I usually use the large search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing as, according to the Spider Logs, they are constantly collecting our topics and posts.  I agree the four letter minimum is ludicrous here at AVSIM but as far as I know, that's the limit placed by the Board provider (IPS).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I agree the four letter minimum is ludicrous here at AVSIM but as far as I know, that's the limit placed by the Board provider (IPS).
can we check on that Jim?...how long has Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis been around?....boolean searches a mystery ?...

Thanks and Cheers...

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Chas, hoping to have this issue resolved with our newest upgrade.  We are crossing our T's right now with our web designer to make sure the look/feel is the same on the latest version of IPB.