Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

MCE + RC4 + Dash-8 not working

Just wondering, has anyone got MCE to work with RC4 and the Majesticsoftware Dash-8 ?

MCE-RC4 connection works with any other Addon but not with the Dash-8.

With other Addons I initially get greeted by the ramp coordinator, so GSX gets recognised as well. PTT works, I hear the noise. Everything gets recognized regarding RC4 phraseology.

Not with the Dash-8. No ramp coordinator voice on startup of MCE. PTT button, no noise. No speech gets recognised at all. Voice commands like Option 1 and so on work normally. I can open the GSX menu manually.

So it's just the GSX and ATC speech connection not working.

If I change the frequency in the Dash-8 initially e.g. to ground as shown in the RC4 text window, I hear a short beep as usual. So the frequency change seems to be recognised.

What does MCE check when loading a plane to activate the ATC speech module ?

I'm aware there's a lot of custom programming in the Dash-8.

Any ideas or any chance to get this to work ?

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I have a couple of recent videos on my you tube channel, with the Mjc Dash 8 Pro.

Radar Contact worked fine. As I have previously experienced with my other aircraft.

GSX worked fine. But apart from pushback (which isn't really done with the Dash 8 that often) there is only one baggage loader and the passenger bus. So not a lot for GSX to do.

Are you on the latest MCE version?

If everything works with your other aircraft I don't know why the Dash 8 is not working? The Mjc8 puts its .cfg in the Simobjects folder in P3d, so it should be recognised. Sorry, I presume your on P3d?

The guys at MCE have great support. You could try an e-mail to support.

These days with all the changes to operating systems and the P3d update, I think there are things that break in our Sims and the devs are chasing around in circles trying to fix all the broken bits!

I hope you find a solution.

regards

David

Hi David,

indeed, yes, the frequent updates and changes certainly make it difficult for developers.

Thanks for your answer. Which sim are you using ?

Yes, I have P3D 3.1.

The only unusual thing I have noticed : When I load the Dash-8, even in Cold & Dark state, GSX doesn`t start, because it thinks the engines are running. I have to use CTRL-SHIFT-F1, then the GSX window starts.

I wonder, if it might be something similar ? MCE checks for a certain state and gets a wrong or no answer ?!

Does MCE write any logfiles, so maybe we could compare them ?

Mike

Good news, I got it to work. More or less by accident :-).

To get the Turbine Duke recognised, I had to set NoScan=1 in the ini-file.

To my surprise the Dash-8 ATC connection worked after that as well. Still no GSX Dispatch Agent, but that`s not a big problem.

Mike

Good news, I got it to work. More or less by accident :-).

To get the Turbine Duke recognised, I had to set NoScan=1 in the ini-file.

To my surprise the Dash-8 ATC connection worked after that as well. Still no GSX Dispatch Agent, but that`s not a big problem.

Mike

Hi Mike.

I had similar issue with GSX if I load another aircraft on the ramp, after MCE has loaded. From first sim load up, after the aircraft has loaded and initialized itself, I then load RC4 and lastly MCE.

Its like the rampies only work on the first loaded aircraft at the first loaded airport. Their union probably prevents them from working on more than one load at a time...LOL:-)

Cheers

David