Sign in to follow this  
piper14

"Destination Airport not found in .rte file. Import aborted."

Hi,

After having used FS Build v2.4 to input a flight plan EGSS-EGPH, and having flown to within 20 miles of destination, I successfully saved the flight to continue at a later time.  However, upon re-loading the saved flight I constantly get the error 'Destination Airport not found in .rte file, import aborted'.  Having searched the forum I cant seem to find a fix etc. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Peter Ellis

I've not seen this one before... no idea what happened since in theory the contents of the FMS should be the same after you load the flight as when you saved it.  This is something I've done without problem many times.  All I can suggest is that you save the RTE file using the FMS RTE screen page 1 after you load the coroute and set the arrival and approach for destination. This will overwrite the FSBuild RTE file and you're certain that it's working as expected in the NGX.

Interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it made no difference.  I set up the NGX from free flight mode, loaded short panel state, installed the FS Build flight plan using Co Route LSK, then pressed save, confirm appears in inverse video, clicked activate and saved the whole flight from the FSX menu.  Exited FSX, re-started, loaded the saved flight but the same error was reported, I have the saved tutorial flights which work fine.........................

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it made no difference.  I set up the NGX from free flight mode, loaded short panel state, installed the FS Build flight plan using Co Route LSK, then pressed save, confirm appears in inverse video, clicked activate and saved the whole flight from the FSX menu.  Exited FSX, re-started, loaded the saved flight but the same error was reported, I have the saved tutorial flights which work fine.........................

Are you running the simulator as an administrator?

Kyle Rodgers

Short answer, yes

Since you're saying "short answer" I have a feeling the full answer would include a "yes, but..." and that 'but' is extremely important. If you're not running the sim as an administrator (with no backstory/exceptions/oddities), then saving files will not be reliable, thus loading files will not be reliable.

Did you update your nav data in between the original flight and the attempted second flight?

Kyle Rodgers

No.................

Helpful.

People can only help you out here if you can provide meaningful answers. I attempted to dig a little deeper earlier about your response in "short answer" form, though I'm assuming your simple 'no' is answering my question about updating nav data. When you come back with some more substantial info for people to go on, I'm sure people here can help you out, but until then, you're not giving us much to go on.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, please forgive me, I intended no offence whatsoever. Yes, I am running the sim as administrator and no I haven't changed the Nav data between flights.  I really don't know what else to say, I am using ORBX Global and Vector  and FTX England, ASN and UK2000 airports, two of them being EGSS and EGPH, the subject of the flight plan in this thread.  I am running Windows 7 on an I7 2600k, and Nvidia GTX 770. Please accept my apologies, I really wasn't trying to be funny, and I appreciate your assistance greatly.

Lets rule out the flightplan file you are using from FSBuild by creating one manually.  Simply put a few enroute fixes, at least two but you don't need the whole route. Of course the origin and destination, which should be EGPH for this test of course.  After you have the PERF data and selected FL then save. Now exit and restart sim and load the saved flight to see if the flight plan is complete. If it is then we are suspecting FSBuild and you can seek support from their forum here: http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/

If the saved flight does not load correctly then there's more troubleshooting ahead. Advise how it goes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Constructed the flight plan as advised above, saved the flight, exited the sim, re-started, loaded saved flight and Bingo, must be a problem with FSBuild, will check their support forum.  Thanks guys, fantastic support as always, and very much appreciated. 

must be a problem with FSBuild, will check their support forum.

Depending on how that goes, for your consideration, many are using PFPX with few problems and it does so much more.

Dan Downs KCRP

Constructed the flight plan as advised above, saved the flight, exited the sim, re-started, loaded saved flight and Bingo, must be a problem with FSBuild, will check their support forum.  Thanks guys, fantastic support as always, and very much appreciated. 

Interesting. Thanks for checking that and reporting back.

Kyle Rodgers

On 2/10/2016 at 12:18 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Helpful.

People can only help you out here if you can provide meaningful answers. I attempted to dig a little deeper earlier about your response in "short answer" form, though I'm assuming your simple 'no' is answering my question about updating nav data. When you come back with some more substantial info for people to go on, I'm sure people here can help you out, but until then, you're not giving us much to go on.

whaaaaaaaaaat is nav

-

6 minutes ago, Michael Chan said:

whaaaaaaaaaat is nav

-

Replying to a  1 1/2 year old thread is usually causing more confusion than helps. If you have a specific issue please open a new topic

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com