Sign in to follow this  
simdown42

Carenado EMB 505 300 HD or Flysimware Learjet 35A

Hi

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. I am thinking of purchasing a biz jet for P3D V3. I am looking at 2 choices. The Carenado EMB 505 300 HD or the Flysimware Learjet 35A. I can't afford both. 

Any opinions or advice please.

Thanks

Cheers

simdown42

I think it depends on what it is that you're looking for between the two aircraft. If you're looking for modern, the EMB is the choice. Looking for more of a classic less automated option, Lear 35. I do not own the EMB so I cannot comment on the flight characteristics; however, I can attest to FSW 35's flight characteristics: in my opinion, very refined and authentic. I have not encountered major bugs with FSW 35 and you can integrate F1's GTN 750 with ease (two majors pluses in my mind). The major downside at face value would be the graphics. The EMB looks better in my opinion. After flying FSW 35 around for a bit I have to say that the cockpit grew on me - overall I think the FSW 35 is a great option. 

-Nisx

Hi,

I have both biz jets that you are currently considering. However, I use FSX  so I cannot tell you what they may be like in P3D V3

Regarding Carenado's EMB 505 300 HD--over all I enjoy it and as you know the interior and exterior textures are superb. I enjoy the flight dynamics even though I have no real world experience in this type of aircraft. The primary reason I purchased it was due to Bert's Flight1 GTN 750 mod--if you have that add on and decide to purchase the 300 that's an option for you. I have stayed away from the Prodigy 1000, the Carenado FMS and their Navigraph add on due to too many negative comments about that along with some auto pilot bugs. For me it is a lot easier using the GTN750 and that's just my own personal preference.

If you have not already, I would highly suggest you read Raymar's review on this aircraft. It is very informative and may help in your decision making & you may want to check out some of the other posts on the 300 as well. That is one thing I do when considering an aircraft.

Also, I have an older computer (i7 950 with a Nvida GTX 650 video card); I use Orbx scenery--the 300 is a little difficult at times FPS especially in the Seattle area and with some of their other add on airports. That may not be an issue for you in P3D V3.

Regarding the Flysimware's Lear 35A--The exterior textures are very good in my opinion while they are improving the quality of their interior textures. Don't let the interior textures scare you away from possible purchase. The vendor has done a lot of improvements on their Lear and over all I enjoy this aircraft and its flight dynamics; it is more old school obviously than the EMB 500. It is not as hard on frame rates even in the Orbx Seattle area--you have a choice of the older GPS or the Flight1 GTN750. I purchased this aircraft during the Christmas holiday sales--not sure if I would pay the full price but it is an overall good biz jet to have. I would check out Flysimware's unofficial support site here further down the page from Carenado's and read some of the posts for the Lear 35A.

Hope this help,

Raymie

I did a typo on my Nvida video card--it is a GTX 560.