Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

New ATC software

That certainly looks interesting, and the free trial has to be taken up.   But, I wonder if it is truly an interactive replacement for Vox ATC.  Is it activated by one's own voice?

Regards

Frank Jones

The second I read in the manual that PF3 does not control AI aircraft I completely lost interest. That is one of the absolute key points for me using VoxATC. From what I understand since FS controls AI Traffic and PF3 controls your aircraft AI traffic may very well just bump in to you from bind on ground. Your best bet is then to taxi in to the grass (the manual actually said that).

No thanks, personally I will just wait for the next version of VoxATC!

Mike    

That certainly looks interesting, and the free trial has to be taken up.   But, I wonder if it is truly an interactive replacement for Vox ATC.  Is it activated by one's own voice?

They say:

-PF3 is configurable for use with most voice recognition programs.

I my case i will use it with MCE.

The second I read in the manual that PF3 does not control AI aircraft I completely lost interest. That is one of the absolute key points for me using VoxATC. From what I understand since FS controls AI Traffic and PF3 controls your aircraft AI traffic may very well just bump in to you from bind on ground. Your best bet is then to taxi in to the grass (the manual actually said that).

You are misreading the manual. PF3 has an improved taxi monitoring system which prevents conflicts with AI traffic. AI aircraft trying to join your taxiway will be stopped.

Pages 79-81 deal with AI conflict prevention.

Peter Schluter

So the manual doesnt say that AI traffic can run in to you and the fact that AI traffic can take off before beeing cleared for takeoff, at least that is what I read. All in all this has to do with the fact that the program does not control AI regardless if it has a monitor system that try to avoid conflicts.VoxATC has had controlled AI for years and to me I cant understand how a new program like pf3 cant implement this feature.

In any case, PF3 in my opinion just like previous PF versions is too static for my taste and this is the reason I will wait for next version of VoxATC. Just my 2 cents though and I dont want to convince anyone to do the same.

Well having invested many years getting my AI traffic to look just as I want it I wouldn't use any program that installs its own traffic files and ai textures to my sim.

So the manual doesnt say that AI traffic can run in to you and the fact that AI traffic can take off before beeing cleared for takeoff, at least that is what I read.

The manual is quite honest about what it can do and what it can't do. It will prevent most conflicts but ones it cant control very well are aircraft already coming directly towards you.

Peter Schluter

So the manual doesnt say that AI traffic can run in to you and the fact that AI traffic can take off before beeing cleared for takeoff, at least that is what I read. All in all this has to do with the fact that the program does not control AI regardless if it has a monitor system that try to avoid conflicts.VoxATC has had controlled AI for years and to me I cant understand how a new program like pf3 cant implement this feature.

In any case, PF3 in my opinion just like previous PF versions is too static for my taste and this is the reason I will wait for next version of VoxATC. Just my 2 cents though and I dont want to convince anyone to do the same.

VOXATC does control traffic but it is far from perfect in doing so. At some airports, traffic would sit on the runway and wouldn't takeoff until it disappear and it won't use more than one runway at an airport. Also, on approach its idea of seperating traffic is by having planes infront of you disappear.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

True but you are comparing to a program code that is very very old, many years. Your program, (I assume you are the developer) is a new one and does not feature any real AI control. VoxATC from what I understand is about to be upgraded.

Of course you decide what should be included in your program ni argument there and I guess it cant satisfy everyone and that is OK, I vote with my wallet

Mike

I do argue however with the claim from the logo "ATC att its best". I dont believe so.

Gotta love AVSIM... :wub: ... how quickly a thread can go from "NEW ATC" to mine is better than yours.. I think this one may be a new record =@

WAT1460.png

Gotta love AVSIM... :wub: ... how quickly a thread can go from "NEW ATC" to mine is better than yours.. I think this one may be a new record =@

What I can't understand in this and other threads is that the negative comments are coming mainly from folks who have not even tried it!

Peter Schluter

Avsim have just announced a change of name "My sim is better than yours even though I've never tested your programme or read the manual". I wonder what Tom would be saying/thinking now if he was about?

What I can't understand in this and other threads is that the negative comments are coming mainly from folks who have not even tried it!

Peter, That is an Avsim speciality. That's why a lot of developers avoid avsim like the plague. How many times does an FSXer or P3Der come onto the FS9 forums just to create trouble.