Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

New ATC software

volo , is it true you have been nominated for an oscar ? Good film btw

You're very kind Peter. Though I'm more likely to be nominated for a "charlie" lol

I might do a couple more demonstrating how PF3 does the holds and correct descent to the FAP.

But YT is such a bottleneck. It'll probably take a week to upload them!!

Not only did I read the manual from the first page to the last but afterwards I had a go with the demo. Did not like it and thats that. Like many here I have double digits of years with flight sims, been in many beta test teams and have seen things I like and some things not so much over all these years. This I dont like, way to static for my taste just like its predecessors.

Mike  

Now I am getting the hang of PF3 I must say it is doing what I need it to do, and rather well, so far.

I use two monitors though which allows me to have some of the helpful extras like the keypress display index and the taxi monitor gauge not interfering with the monitor upon which the "flying" takes place.

I will certainly use it until any new Vox comes out, then I will see which suits best.

Now I am getting the hang of PF3 I must say it is doing what I need it to do, and rather well, so far.

I use two monitors though which allows me to have some of the helpful extras like the keypress display index and the taxi monitor gauge not interfering with the monitor upon which the "flying" takes place.

I will certainly use it until any new Vox comes out, then I will see which suits best.

Glad to hear you like it. If you have any questions post on the official support forum at http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

Peter Schluter

Not only did I read the manual from the first page to the last but afterwards I had a go with the demo. Did not like it and thats that. Like many here I have double digits of years with flight sims, been in many beta test teams and have seen things I like and some things not so much over all these years. This I dont like, way to static for my taste just like its predecessors.

Mike  

"One man's meat is another man's poison." As they say. Not everybody shares you opinion. "Constructive" criticism however is always welcome!

Guys, I haven't used VoxATC for a while, please remind me if it reads wx dynamically and assigns STARs based on the current wx like say ProATC/X does?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Guys, I haven't used VoxATC for a while, please remind me if it reads wx dynamically and assigns STARs based on the current wx like say ProATC/X does?

Thanks,

Dirk.

As this topic is about the new ATC programme PF3 I would suggest you enquire on the relevant forums where you will be able to ask those who are more familiar with Vox atc

Guest JustanotherPilot

It's disappointing that with the release of PF3 an update to the website was not considered, particularly the tutorial videos which still show PFE. To me this product looks too much like PFE, which I could never get to work and had a very poor user interface. I'm sorry, but I just can't get myself to try PF3, it rekindles too many bad memories of PFE despite assurances to the contrary.

As this topic is about the new ATC programme PF3 I would suggest you enquire on the relevant forums where you will be able to ask those who are more familiar with Vox atc

This *IS* the VoxATC Support Forum.  Perhaps the original post should be elsewhere ? :)

• Upvote 2

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Hope you consider PF3 full AI control. At that point in my opinion it will be a serious competitor to VoxATC.

It's disappointing that with the release of PF3 an update to the website was not considered, particularly the tutorial videos which still show PFE. To me this product looks too much like PFE, which I could never get to work and had a very poor user interface. I'm sorry, but I just can't get myself to try PF3, it rekindles too many bad memories of PFE despite assurances to the contrary.

PFE was I agree a bit akward because of it having to use PF2000 to generate advs. And many found that confusing. That side has entirely gone now so it is a cleaner slicker programme. As for old videos on the website I understand that they are being worked on.

Hope you consider PF3 full AI control. At that point in my opinion it will be a serious competitor to VoxATC.

Apart from bug fixes and enhancements, possible changes to the direction of PF3 are also being discussed. The next immediate step though is Multi Crew Experience linking up to PF3 which is already in the pipeline if not already done.

This *IS* the VoxATC Support Forum.  Perhaps the original post should be elsewhere ? :)

Apologies. No offence meant.

vololiberista, do you know how VoxATC pics up the weather or not? Is it in a similar manner like PF3 by monitoring AI?

:smile:

Thanks,

Dirk.

vololiberista, do you know how VoxATC pics up the weather or not? Is it in a similar manner like PF3 by monitoring AI?

:smile:

Thanks,

Dirk.

When you say "by monitoring AI" are you thinking about runway in use or actual weather. PF3 will pick up the weather fed to the sim from a weather engine or the sim's internal weather generator.

PF3 will detect AI on the runway and from that will allocate a landing runway.

Please, Vololiberista, ask Dave to change the 15 min pause. I've alredy asked him and he told me to fly in Windows mode.  I think that the way FSCaptain does it, makes more sense.  I actually removed the program because the pausing happened to occur while I was trying to figure things out.

I think it's a great program with a lot of potential. 

tony