Sign in to follow this  
Interlocation

Aircraft Not Loading

I had to "wipe" my computer recently, but saved a file with all the aircraft mods I wanted to keep (CS737 + all expansions, CLS MD-81/82, Carenado B1900, Tom's A300-600 + C/F version, Tom's A310 + C/F, Quality Wings BAe 146/Avro pack, Sprunov Design Yak-40, Just Flight DC-8, Flight 1 DC-9, Tom's DC-10-10, -15, -30, -40, and, of course, the PMDG 737NGX no expansion). I had to completely re-install FSX (put in the disks, but the installation process was different for some reason) and moved all the files that I saved from FSX before the "wipe" into their correct directories on the new FSX. When I loaded it up it took a while, as to be expected. But when I selected the PMDG (and all the other packages) as my aircraft of choice, it did not load the plane, but instead the interiors. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but there was no exterior skin, and sometimes only the windscreen and wings would load. I uninstalled PMDG and all the other mods and reinstalled some of them. The problem persisted and my PMDG operations center has a pop-up saying my system has a high DPI and the center doesn't support my current DPI-scaling. I've gone to the website provided, but to no avail. I've tried re-installing some of my other mods directly from fspilotshop.com and the same "only interior" model shows up when selected. I've gone through the .cfg files and have found no anomalies. Any help with fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. I will see if I can get a screencap or picture of my problem if that would help at all..

All the best,

Drew

and moved all the files that I saved from FSX before the "wipe" into their correct directories on the new FSX.

Drew, full names in the PMDG forums please.

You just 'moved' files instead of uninstalling and installing using the PMDG installer??? Then you tried to uninstall the product that was not installed I think you wrote, not sure here. The DPI thing is easy, just use the default Windows setting of 98 DPI I think.  However, I'm not sure of if I am reading your narrative of how you got to here correctly.

Dan Downs KCRP

Drew, full names in the PMDG forums please.

You just 'moved' files instead of uninstalling and installing using the PMDG installer??? Then you tried to uninstall the product that was not installed I think you wrote, not sure here. The DPI thing is easy, just use the default Windows setting of 98 DPI I think.  However, I'm not sure of if I am reading your narrative of how you got to here correctly.

Sorry, my first post here, I'll try to be more specific from now on.

I had to wipe my computer because another file (some hot bar that kept appearing) filled up both my C: and E: drives. I made a file of all the aircraft I wanted to save (including the PMDG 737NGX base pack) and moved it to an external drive. I wiped my computer and imported the files back in. I then loaded my copy of FSX onto the computer. I then copied all the files (including Effects, Addon Scenery, Sound, etc.) and booted up FSX. Some of the mods worked, including my CLS (Commercial Level Simulation) MD-81/82 and Virtualcol Saab 340 worked fine (if with a few small bugs, like one of the gauges not functioning until after liftoff). Others, including the PMDG 737NGX Base Pack, would not load the aircraft properly. It would only load the interior that is visible from the outside (not the full cockpit, only the part visible through the windscreen, not the entire cabin, only the cabin visible through the windows) and nothing else. The only thing that would load up that is visible from the exterior was the landing gear. I removed the files and everything associated with it and deleted them from my recycling bin. I then used the installer to reinstall the PMDG mod. It still did not work so I properly uninstalled it using the installer. I reinstalled it afterwards and it never worked. I downloaded the installer from my orders page on fspilotshop.com.

Thank you,

Drew

Drew, a full name is both first and last name.

You created a mess by moving files instead of properly uninstalling and reinstalling.  Its possible that your windows registry has errors and now you cannot install using the PMDG installer.  There are also unknowns lurking in the exe.xml and dll.xml FSX files... 

When you say you "loaded my copy of FSX onto the computer," does this mean you installed FSX from the CD box set or you simply moved files??  You cannot install most Windows-based programs by moving files, there are other important issues to consider such as registry entries. For example, gauges not working in another addon could be an indication of a corrupt installation.

I think you tried to shortcut the process of doing a clean install to get rid of a virus and now you have a corrupted installation.

Dan Downs KCRP

This will get your first and last name on every post automatically without even thinking about signing your posts. Click on your user name in upper right corner, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name, click save and your name will be on all of your posts.

I deleted everything related to PMDG besides the file downloaded directly from the website. I then used the installer to uninstall all files that may have been left. I then deleted the file with the installer and "README"s and emptied my recycling bin. Everything about it is gone. This is the second time I've done it. The first time resulted in the same "not loading" model. W7H2WZB.jpg

Sorry for the oversized picture, but imgur is the only image-sharing thing I've got at the moment.

probably  not  the issue  but  have  you got  the HIGHMEMFIX=1  in your  fsx.cfg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Both Peter and Dave above have valid points.

However, it is not going to fix this by deleting and reinstalling PMDG. Your mess may lie in the windows registry and you've probably made it worse by the shortcuts you've tried to take.  I can't help you if you don't answer questions, such as "When you say you "loaded my copy of FSX onto the computer," does this mean you installed FSX from the CD box set or you simply moved files?? " from my last post.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm sorry I thought for sure I said I used the box set. I must have just imagined it, my apologies. I'm not trying to frustrate you, Dan. I know I made a mess and that's why I came here. I used a shortcut because I wasn't intent on going through a process I had already gone through twice before. I assumed that the program would work because nothing would be changed, just moved. I have the acceleration DVD but whenever I run the installer it says I need an English version of FSX, which I own. PMDG isn't the only mod having this problem. I've owned this mod for barely six months, have limited knowledge of how mods work. I got lucky getting the mod working the first time. I don't know what else to do. If my Acceleration disc won't work and I can even uninstall FSX correctly I don't know what to do.

I assumed that the program would work because nothing would be changed, just moved.

The problem is that, apart from the obvious parts, a ton of stuff gets installed in places you don't know about, or don't regularly think about (the registry, AppData folders, and so on).

Can you remove the FSX install with Add/Remove programs?

Kyle Rodgers