Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Crazy behaviour (flight controls) after takeoff

Hello,

I've been flying nicely the 777 lately, but today happened this:

After a second try (shutdown and restarted everything) it happened again, but I was able to fly a little further, up to 220 knots and flaps up. Both times the autothrottle refused to command the preselected thrust, it remained mid-range and I had to disengage it in order to apply thrust manually.

Funny thing I haven't changed anything, and the 777 is updated for granted, besides I flew yesterday and it was flawless, as usual.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

It's a "custom" PC I built myself, the only ASUS thing on it is the motherboard (Z87-A, if I'm not mistaken).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

It's a "custom" PC I built myself, the only ASUS thing on it is the motherboard (Z87-A, if I'm not mistaken).

Yep - unfortunately that's the only bit of it that matters in this case.

ASUS boards have had these latent issues for quite some time. My last computer fell victim to it such that it affected the wireless card, rolled into the sim, and then onto a few other things I can't remember before mysteriously disappearing. The only solutions we've seen so far are flashing the BIOS (be very careful here) and replacing the CMOS battery.

If you look into various game forums, people have been talking this one up for years, but nothing has really been done about it.

Kyle Rodgers

As a matter of fact today I noticed the clock with strange values twice (I synced one and it happened again later, with no power interruption in between, though).

Thanks for the clue, I will try to read more about the subject, and do what you suggested!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

As a matter of fact today I noticed the clock with strange values twice (I synced one and it happened again later, with no power interruption in between, though).

Thanks for the clue, I will try to read more about the subject, and do what you suggested!

You're welcome. Sorry it's affecting you. Hopefully you get it sorted soon though.

Kyle Rodgers