Sign in to follow this  
Janov

Working with WED to improve your airports

SImple. just find it in the list on right, make sure it  is unlocked than delete it or adjust it to suit.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:06 AM, mjrhealth said:

SImple. just find it in the list on right, make sure it  is unlocked than delete it or adjust it to suit.

It doesn't appear in the list on the right.  I imported the airport dat file and all it shows me is the runway and taxiway, tower etc.  The default boundary is not there.  The default runway is in the wrong place but when I move it, it no longer sits on the default airport boundary.  It is no longer landable as it ends up with step slopes right in the middle of it.  Isn't there a way to exclude default airport boundaries so that I can add my own?  I have tried adding my own but it doesn't show up. 

If tehre is no airport boundary than create one because it may not have one, or get5 the latest one of teh gateway...

There is an airport boundary but it doesn't show up in WED.  If I add one, it does not show up in the simulator, nor does it exclude the default boundary.  The airport from the gateway is the same as what is in xp11.11 and when I import it to WED, it shows no boundary.  Also, the runway heading is way off. 

4 hours ago, dannybobmusic said:

There is an airport boundary but it doesn't show up in WED.  If I add one, it does not show up in the simulator, nor does it exclude the default boundary.  The airport from the gateway is the same as what is in xp11.11 and when I import it to WED, it shows no boundary.  Also, the runway heading is way off. 

The airport has no boundary, if it had one it would show in the right side panel, so you can add one, just create a rectangle around the airfield including teh buildings and save it. Than you can enable always flatten and everything inside will be the same altitude, Yes the runways are misaligned just grab teh center of teh end and drag it to teh correct bearing, or select teh runway in right panel and enter teh correct bearing. Than save and export to teh sim. And yes i downloaded it and checked it.

I cannot find any data on that airflied except its altitude and mag var 0 17° east, which if you make teh heading 167 it almost ligns up but I have also sen a posu from someone up north that says a lot of the airfields up there are wrong due to mag var, it can change a bit over 1 year in those northerly places, probably why the true bearing is not listed,

10 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

The airport has no boundary, if it had one it would show in the right side panel, so you can add one, just create a rectangle around the airfield including teh buildings and save it. Than you can enable always flatten and everything inside will be the same altitude, Yes the runways are misaligned just grab teh center of teh end and drag it to teh correct bearing, or select teh runway in right panel and enter teh correct bearing. Than save and export to teh sim. And yes i downloaded it and checked it.

I cannot find any data on that airflied except its altitude and mag var 0 17° east, which if you make teh heading 167 it almost ligns up but I have also sen a posu from someone up north that says a lot of the airfields up there are wrong due to mag var, it can change a bit over 1 year in those northerly places, probably why the true bearing is not listed,

Thank you for your response.  I do appreciate help.  I added an airport boundary like you said but it doesn't fix the problem.  No matter how small I make the airport boundary, I end up with a huge flat plateau around the airport.  It should be flat only where the runway and tarmac are but instead the flat area extends way beyond it.  I even tried making a tiny little square but it still shows up as a huge flat plateau around the airport.  Very frustrating.  In FSX, this was so easy to fix.  I guess I just have to live with it.  Thanks again.