If anyone are happy with CH yokes, then good for them. I don't think they're any good, and they look more like something out of a Star Wars fighter than a real yoke. As for using paddles instead of pedals for rudder control - good luck. It sure takes away any sense of realism when flying.

Whatever works for you of course, but to those not yet owning a yoke, just be aware that opinions differ on the matter.

Saitek might be of poor build quality, but the yoke and optional TQ or TPM looks much better and more like real aircraft yoke and throttles. They are however not even close to being realistic compared to how real aircraft handles. For that you'll need a package costing 10x, and most of us don't take the hobby there.

I can also agree with this sentiment.  Although my choices were, CH, CH, or CH.  So for that reason, I went with CH.  I haven't got the funds to clunk down 6-800 for something more expensive, otherwise I sure would have and saitek seems to have dropped off the planet.  

The CH does look a big fugly though, that's for sure.  I was expecting a toy quality unit and was surprised by it's weight and build quality.  I'll just have to suffer the looks of it.  If you close your eyes and fly, this yoke does feel pretty darned nice though.  Far nicer than I ever thought a yoke could feel.  

P3D is designed as a commercial simulator rather than being for our community, so their target market is completely different than that of DTG.

??????? in regard to this topic?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

??????? in regard to this topic?

Sorry, I was using my phone and somehow my reply to another topic got placed here (sure it was my fault).

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

UPDATE some happy camper paid £102 + £7.50  postage on eBay for the Throttle quadrant,LOL

Peter

Called Saitek Tech Support today and inquired specifically about the Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant. Response was different this time. Instead of being advised that product is expected within two weeks; or within 30 days; both of which I have heard before, this time the response was "sometime in May". Also told the factory of manufacture is changing. Still China, but different factory.  Other Saitek products likewise.  FWIW....  

• Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Called Saitek Tech Support today and inquired specifically about the Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant. Response was different this time. Instead of being advised that product is expected within two weeks; or within 30 days; both of which I have heard before, this time the response was "sometime in May". Also told the factory of manufacture is changing. Still China, but different factory.  Other Saitek products likewise.  FWIW....  

Nice to hear that they will be available again. I have had my eye on the throttle quadrant for quite some time.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I hope they did not see what price the one on Ebay UK just went for!might give them ideas regarding price :smile:

Peter

Bloody disgrace :) I ordered in Sept 2015, and cancelled the order in December, then both the pro-flight package just to get the throttle - only €10 in the difference when shipping was taken into account.

I now have a spare ProFlight Yoke lying around.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Nice to hear that they will be available again. I have had my eye on the throttle quadrant for quite some time.

Yes, but my post ended with FWIW - For What Its Worth.  Other promises came and went.  Only time will tell.

Bloody disgrace :) I ordered in Sept 2015, and cancelled the order in December, then both the pro-flight package just to get the throttle - only €10 in the difference when shipping was taken into account.

I now have a spare ProFlight Yoke lying around.

Pro Flight? or Cessna Pro Flight?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hmmm...

As much as I'm not a fan of certain Saitek components (my yoke wore out quickly, my x52 broke, my x55 broke), their other components are quite decent.  I love my TPM unit, the switch panel works great, and my rudder pedals have endured a lot over the years, with no ill effects.

I'm actually considering picking up the Pro Flight Multi Panel and the Radio Panel...

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yes, but my post ended with FWIW - For What Its Worth.  Other promises came and went.  Only time will tell.

Pro Flight? or Cessna Pro Flight?

Pro flight - I use the elastic band mods that was documented here somewhere.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I did the spring mod on the yoke, the neutral resistance with the pitch axis as designed is terrible for precise motion.Now going to remove the centering detent pin on the rudders as well for the same reason. Obviously they don't pay attention to user input to improve the products.

Gary Stewart

You pay nothing you get nothing... Be prepared to pay 5-10x the amount to get a yoke that feels realistic.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!