Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

No taxiways problem

I migrated to P3D v3.1 few days ago, and I wanted to test full setup with default airports + NGX + MyTraffic. In FSX I was using versions from Ray Smith mostly, with updated afcads, taxiways, added objects, etc. So I created Addon Scenery folder inside P3D folder, copied bgl for LSZH into Addon Scenery/scenery, just like I do for all airports in FSX. Next step is to add Addon Scenery to scenery library:

Untitled-1_zpssbi5646t.jpg

After that I've got this: 

Screenshot235750_zpsz4rullyw.jpg

Did I miss something? I never had this problem of missing or invisible taxiways in FSX. I've tried to move Addon Scenery entry to various position in the Scenery Library, no luck. Below MyTraffic entry, above, or on the top of the library, it doesn't matter, same problem. Is this a bug in P3D or I'm doing something wrong, or I must stick to vanilla default airports or to payware ones that are compatible?

Thank you!

cheers!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'd move everything you have in Addon Folders in FSX to folders for each airport in P3D3.1.  If you just point it at addons and have several airport folders  in there I don't think it's gonna work.  It needs a specific target.

I'd move everything you have in Addon Folders in FSX to folders for each airport in P3D3.1.  If you just point it at addons and have several airport folders  in there I don't think it's gonna work.  It needs a specific target.

I've tried that also. Made LSZH folder inside Addon Scenery folder, same issue. Do you think to crate a LSZH folder in the P3D root?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

You need to get ADE and reset all the draw flags for the afcad. Go to Scruffyduck forum and there should be a sticky about this issue and how to fix it.

I have to fix all my afcad this way that were created for fsx.

Sean Green

Did I miss something? I never had this problem of missing or invisible taxiways in FSX. I've tried to move Addon Scenery entry to various position in the Scenery Library, no luck.

Hi.

No, there is no bug in P3D.

The problem is that your airport bgl's were compiled for FSX and might be missing a scenery Flag (not used by FSX) and now needed by P3D v3.1.

Solution is simple using ADE.

Load your airport bgl's into ADE -> from the menu select Lists -> Taxi Links and either:

Edit each Taxi  and Check the Draw Surface Flag

or

Press the Reset All Draw Flags (will set all flags)

Save the Airport and Repeat.

EDIT: Sean beat me to it.

This issue comes up a lot. Each 3rd party airport has specific exclusions that only apply to the stock FSX/P3d version of the airport. When one has two 3rd party versions of an airport, the two versions conflict leading to unpredictable results, such as buildings, taxiways and other objects not displaying properly. For each 3rd party airport that you add, you must go into the My Traffic scenery folder (<drive>:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery) and rename the entry for that same airport (In this case, rename the file BR2_LSZH.BGL to BR2_LSZH.BGL.orig), so that the My Traffic version is disabled.

The only drawback to this approach is that if the version of LSZH does not have the right number and types of gates/ramps you may not see all the My Traffic AI aircraft as there will be no place for them to park.

Also, I would always move the MyTraffic scenery.cfg entry to a position below all your other 3rd party scenery.

What Jay wrote is true for conflicting airport bgl's.

But in any case you have to make sure your airport.bgl has the Draw Surface Flag enabled (checked) or the taxi lines won't be drawn into the scenery when using P3D v3x

The issue here for sure is the draw flags, very common for FSX users coming to P3d..  Also mentioned about The MyTraffic airport files that they will conflict with any other third party party addons/ADE files and I would tend to avoid using them as they are generally not much better than default.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi.

No, there is no bug in P3D.

The problem is that your airport bgl's were compiled for FSX and might be missing a scenery Flag (not used by FSX) and now needed by P3D v3.1.

Solution is simple using ADE.

Load your airport bgl's into ADE -> from the menu select Lists -> Taxi Links and either:

Edit each Taxi and Check the Draw Surface Flag

or

Press the Reset All Draw Flags (will set all flags)

Save the Airport and Repeat.

EDIT: Sean beat me to it.

Thanks! That doesn't seem to be a hassle, like a 2 minutes of work? Not a big deal.

This issue comes up a lot. Each 3rd party airport has specific exclusions that only apply to the stock FSX/P3d version of the airport. When one has two 3rd party versions of an airport, the two versions conflict leading to unpredictable results, such as buildings, taxiways and other objects not displaying properly. For each 3rd party airport that you add, you must go into the My Traffic scenery folder (<drive>:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery) and rename the entry for that same airport (In this case, rename the file BR2_LSZH.BGL to BR2_LSZH.BGL.orig), so that the My Traffic version is disabled.

The only drawback to this approach is that if the version of LSZH does not have the right number and types of gates/ramps you may not see all the My Traffic AI aircraft as there will be no place for them to park.

Also, I would always move the MyTraffic scenery.cfg entry to a position below all your other 3rd party scenery.

I've tried that moments ago, and issue is still present, nothing has changed. I renamed BR2_LSZH.BGL to BR2_LSZH.passive. Only difference is that there is less planes at gates.

The issue here for sure is the draw flags, very common for FSX users coming to P3d.. Also mentioned about The MyTraffic airport files that they will conflict with any other third party party addons/ADE files and I would tend to avoid using them as they are generally not much better than default.

You meant to say that BGL that comes with MT6 are not much better than default?

I solved the problem by reseting all draw flags in ADE. Only thing that confuses me is that I opened ADE in FSX mode, not P3D. What are the differences?

I solved the problem by reseting all draw flags in ADE. Only thing that confuses me is that I opened ADE in FSX mode, not P3D. What are the differences?

Don't know if it makes a difference when modifying old FSX airports, but the new P3D SDK has more options, and there seems to be a difference in the bgl format.

If in doubt just open them again using P3D option and recompile.

Don't know if it makes a difference when modifying old FSX airports, but the new P3D SDK has more options, and there seems to be a difference in the bgl format.

If in doubt just open them again using P3D option and recompile.

Thanks.

The reason why I opened BGL in FSX mode is that I have FSX SDK installed, not P3D (yet).

If this is a such a common problem with P3D V3x, Y the dickens hasn't somebody come up with a batch process to check and correct the flags of every airport ?

The logical solution would seem to be ADE adding this ability, since it is the de-facto the go-to Airport editor ... Or does it already have this function and I just haven't read about it?

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

If this is a such a common problem with P3D V3x, Y the dickens hasn't somebody come up with a batch process to check and correct the flags of every airport ?

The logical solution would seem to be ADE adding this ability, since it is the de-facto the go-to Airport editor ... Or does it already have this function and I just haven't read about it?

Cheers,

Chas

Sorry hesynergy, I would if I could! I'm a big fan of Ray's work and it looks the manual method via ADE is the path of least resistance at the moment.