Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Fsuipc in P3D

I am new to using fsuipc. My question is do I have to open fsuipc and click on profile specific everytime I load a different aircraft? Not sure if fsuipc is supposed to load the controls automatically.

Kevin Humphryes

Once you've assigned a profile to an aircraft it's good. Remember to re-assign the profile if you use the same aircraft, different paint.

I have different profiles for different TYPES of aircraft. i.e. warbirds, GA yoke, GA stick, Twins etc.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'm not at my flight system now but you can also use a setting (string or sub-string - look in documentation) to set the profile for the aircraft type so when you load a different PAINT - it will auto load the correct profile.

IE: you input QC400 as the string and then when you load QC400 Paint 1 or QC400 Paint2, etc - it will load the profile for the QC400.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I could never get that to work Vic. I resorted to adding them as I used them. Less mind altering. :smile:

Ok I understand all aircraft need to be assigned a profile. Do I need to open my addon menu and open fsuipc everytime I load say the Pmdg 737? Assuming that I have the profile saved for that aircraft/livery? And then say I want to then fly my 182.

Kevin Humphryes

That's how I do it. It's just a couple of clicks. Out of a lifetime...Nothing. Cleverer people might have a better way.

I set up profiles for single engine prop, twin prop, single jet, twin jet,. etc. The first time I load an a/c, I assign the specific type profile. Anytime I load THAT SPECIFIC a/c again, I need to do nothing. If I load a different type that I haven't assigned then I have to go to FSUIPC.

For some people, if you load the same TYPE of a/c that has been previously assigned a profile but it's a different PAINT scheme - you will have to go into FSUIPC and specifically assign it to a type.

It's actually more difficult to try to explain than it is to do.

RON - I've found that if there are any spaces in the string, it will not work so "Majestic QC400" will not work but either "Majestic" or "QC400" alone will.

But, it's just a few clicks to assign a new one anyway.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

RON - I've found that if there are any spaces in the string, it will not work so "Majestic QC400" will not work but either "Majestic" or "QC400" alone will.

I'll give that another try.

Having said that, everything I use has been assigned already! :BigGrin: