Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

wing views from the cockpit: ifly737 vs pmdg737

In the Ifly737  (737-800) I can't see the wings from the cockpit. In the pmdg 737-800 tho I can. Now , in the real thing can you see them wing or wingtips  or not ?

Tia

Actually, you cannot see the wing from the flight deck, if you are seated in your control seat and you simply turn around and look over your shoulder through the side windows

You physically have to manoeuvre and poke your nose into the side window to see it.

• Upvote 1

This is from the flightdeck of a 737-800. I took the pic with the phone positioned where your head would be to look at the wing.

Vu2Pnch.jpg

By just looking to the side its kind of hard to see it but you can definitely see it.

Similar to what the above poster mentioned.

Think the poster  cares  since  he  wouldn't have  posted  the issue,  maybe  the ifly  is  not  as  as perfect  as  you think it  is

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Didn't stop me from flying a perfectly flown RNP RF approach into KSPS. Was good fun.

You keep  bringing  this  up all the time  do tell me  what is  so special  flying  this  approach  am I  missing  some  thing 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Guest JustanotherPilot

Yes.   :smile:

Try a flight into KSPS and choose the RNAV (RNP) Z approach for RWY 13R. I flew it via the PSP IAF. Big old looping RF approach. Takes awhile being that it has a max speed of 210. But slow and steady wins the race. And I'm sure it would look amazing using the FTX Palm Springs scenery.  :good:

I reckon that would make a nice video for all to see, are you able to do one?

I reckon that would make a nice video for all to see, are you able to do one?

Yep   be  good  to see  that approach,  must be  a addon   airport  since  their  isn't  a 13R  at all on the  stock fsx ksps airport

Peter kelberg

In the Ifly737 (737-800) I can't see the wings from the cockpit. In the pmdg 737-800 tho I can. Now , in the real thing can you see them wing or wingtips or not ?

Tia

I am home now so was eager to look at this given I have had both products since they came out for FSX and had never noticed!

I could not find a view in either product that produced a scene as per the photo above or my original description.

However, if I slewed (and I had to read up on how to do that) and did the virtual equivalent of pressing my nose against the rear flight deck window panel (as per the camera shot in the photo) then both products produced the same scene as per the photo and as per my original answer. There was no difference, So they both produced a wing and winglet as per the photo.

Thus, I may be doing something different to you - perhaps you can let me know what it is you are doing to reach the conclusion you did that caused the original question and thread! Just for interest as I like learning new things.

Re John_aus posts, I think he meant KPSP (Palm Springs) not KSPS (Sheppard AFB).

Another good approach to try is NZQN RNAV RNP P RWY23 (Queenstown, New Zealand). If you own both iFly and PMDG do this approach (from Christchurch or Dunedin) in both and post how you went!

Cheers,

Mark

Made  some  difference   from being  from KSPS  to KPSP   did  the approach, nothing  special about  it  though,   although  the ones  you have suggested  is far more  exciting  and  challenging  especially  if  its  clouded  in

Peter kelberg

Guest JustanotherPilot

Made  some  difference   from being  from KSPS  to KPSP   did  the approach, nothing  special about  it  though,   although  the ones  you have suggested  is far more  exciting  and  challenging  especially  if  its  clouded  in

Try the RNAV approach into Queenstown NZ (NZQN) but before you do watch this

Nice video.

That was the RNAV (RNP) Y RWY05 approach.

I don't think it is published because you have to be regulator approved, but if anyone knows how I can paste the approach plate into a post, I am happy to try so you can build the approach into your FMS to do it.

I have not looked for a while but whilst all of the waypoints are in the Navigraph database, the actual approach isn't so you need to build it by hand.

If it is now in the database, disregard, as I am not home to look.