Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Flight Plans (Importing and exporting) V2

Not matter what flight planning software you use, if it can export a flight plan in the FSX format(.pln), then P2A can import that flight plan.

Also P2A can import flight plans from RealWorld Flightplan Database and Flightaware

You can also create a flight plan WayPoint by WayPoint in P2A using Uppper and lower airways, VOR, NDB and intersections.

Also you can create IFR flight plans VOR >VOR >NDB etc etc.

So getting a flightplan into P2A is very simple.

P2A does not need anything like an OFP from PFPX, it just needs the route(export your route in PFPX as a .pln)...simple

If you are not sure how to export a flight-plan in different formats then please ask over on the PFPX forum,

I will create a Video on 'how to...'   very soon.

If you have any questions about flight planning please just ask here

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

There have been some users unable to import P2A exported .pln files into P3D.  They can import ones that just have airports and VORs, but not ones with named waypoints that are part of SIDs or STARs.  One major possible cause of this could be out of date Navigation data.  P3D and FSX use internal .bgl scenery files to store Nav data used in their internal maps and GPS units.

Errors that can occur include

• Flight Plans not loading
  • Runways missing
  • Runway IDs incorrect
  • VORs and NDBs missing or incorrect
  • SIDs and STARs missing or incorrect in the internal GPS systems

So, even if you get AIRAC updates that feed your FMS system, these errors can still occur.

There is a great site at http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html that provides updated information in the .bgl file format that you can keep your P3D or FSX installation up to date with.  Herv's updates follow the AIRAC cycles within a few days of release and would be well worth keeping up to date.

For you X-Plane users, the AIRAC updates from NavDataPro or Navigraph include updated X-Plane files you can install in your X-Plane folders.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Dave

Hi, I am using XP 11 and have read the P2ATC manual from first to last page.

I have the P2ATC on a networked PC and it works very well with XPUIPC and XPWide client. I really like the map and all the features in the program. I have XP11 in the main speakers and P2ATC in a light headset.

BUT - I still have to find out how to manage the flightplans.

I am flying the a320neo airbus most of the time. And the flightplans for the airbus is in text-format.

The routine I use is to first create the flightplan in P2ATC. Then export it. Then I can load it into MCDU. Should I the next day start this flight I can't import it to P2ATC again. Since there's no .txt format in import. I have to save it in P2ATC also, in it's own internal format.

I have a lot of txt-based flightplans for a320neo I can't import. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I hope it will be fixed in the next update.

One thing I noticed is the t/d comes very late, even when cruise and GS is set correct. Also I expected to get STAR and approach before I actually entered the STAR. I had to request descend and load the STAR before APPROACH contacted me. When requesting descend I got 2500 ft (from FL290) but when APPROACH came in I had to stay at FL200, and it was way too high so I had to follow the constrains in STAR not to overshoot the runway.

Also, is it possible to get frequencies and flightlevels in digits instead of written words in the textbox? It should be a great help for a non english speaking pilot :). It's easier for the eye to find.

But overall I find P2ATC being a fantastic software. Well done. And I will, when trial is over, get the licens. Then I can use it both in FSX and X-plane.

Regards,

If you can email me one of the .txt flight plans you say cannot import into P2A I can have a look.  Are you using the FP Import button to import it or the Import button at the bottom of the flight plan?  Totally different processes and capabilities.

If you can send me a screenshot of your Config-FltPln tab settings and the flight plan where the TOD came too late, I'll have a look at that also.

The assigned frequencies are printed in numeric form just below the COM area.  The Flight Levels are not, but these numbers must be in word form in order for the speech engine to use them correctly.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks for an amazingly swift answer :)

Forget about the import trouble I thought I had. I have found a quick way to import saved (old) .txt based flightplans from a320neo flightplan folder. I simply double-click on the file and it opens in Notepad. I just copy the string and paste it in FP Import. It takes around 5-10 secs to do that. Perfect. And the FPL is ready to go.

Concerning the late t/d's, I have to test out more flights. I'm still a newbie in P2ATC and am likely to do something wrong before I get it right.

Another thing: After I vacated the runway I expect tower to transfer me to ground for taxi to gate. But nothing happens, and I can't find it in the SayIt menu or ?+. Is it not implemented yet?

Regards from Stockholm,

When you vacate the runway, you need to call tower and let them know you are "clear of active".  You will then get what you're looking for.

Dave

Is there a way to export .fpl flight plans for use with Reality-Extreme's GNS 530?  If not, is this a possibility for a future update?

If you could email me (admin@pilot2atc.com) a flight plan in that format with both Direct and Airway route points and a SID, STAR and Approach, I could have a look and see if it is the same as some other formats already supported.

Also, can that product not import flight plans in the SIM formats (.fms,.fpl for XPlane) or .pln for P3D/FSX?

Dave

HI Dave,

I still love the software. Trying export flight plans to XFMC/XHSI.  Should it work?

If I create a plan in XFMS/XHSI then P2A does not seem to open it.

If I create a plan in P2A and export it (after deleting the minus letter "-" eg KJFK-KBOS), I enter KJFKKBOS in Co-Routes within the XFMC?XHSI and I get route not found.

Any pointers or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers Paul

Are you exporting to the xFMC .fpl file format?

What aircraft are you trying to import into?

If you want to email me a flight plan that imports properly, I can have a look to try and figure out what might be going wrong.  admin@pilot2atc.com

Dave

HI Dave,

Yes, it fact I tried them all and reviewed format using file explorer (to see extension).

I have P2A on a second PC (with shared folders both on folders P2A [Navigraph updates] and main computer XPlane//plugins/XHSI/flightplans).

Will email you plan I try to export from P2A and a file from XFMC that I try and import.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Dave,

I'm trying to import a flightplan generated on simbrief. I copy & past the string given and i'm always getting the same error "Unable to import text to Flight Plan. Check format of the pasted text". I have "SIMbrief: FltPlanDB" selected. What am I missing ?

thank you