Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Flight Plans (Importing and exporting) V2

13 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Please post the string that you are trying to import.

Thanks

Dave

For a flight from KPHX (Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl) to KSNA (John Wayne Airport - Orange County)

String generated in flight options (main page): IZZZO6 HRRBR EMLLD DSNEE3

String in OFP generated page: KPHX/08 IZZZO6 HRRBR DCT EMLLD DSNEE3 KSNA/02L or IZZZO6 HRRBR DCT EMLLD DSNEE3

in the import box says: "simply copy and paste the route from the website to the text area below", that's what I did, but all FP generated in simbrief fail to import.

Thank you

Thanks for the example.  It seems that Sim Brief does not put the Departure and Destination airports into the route string.  So you will need to add them.  You can use the same instructions as the Flight Aware source instead of the SimBrief source selection and it will work.  This will be fixed in the next update.

In the case of Online Flight Planner, the string I get is

KPHX SID PSP STAR KSNA

I've not seen the runways added before, but it is the KPHX/08 and KSNA/02L that is making that one fail.

The key to any of the imports using FP Import is to have the Departure Airport ICAO_Code as the first entry on the line and the Destination Airport ICAO_Code as the last entry.  Otherwise, it won't work.

Thanks,
Dave

43 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Thanks for the example.  It seems that Sim Brief does not put the Departure and Destination airports into the route string.  So you will need to add them.  You can use the same instructions as the Flight Aware source instead of the SimBrief source selection and it will work.  This will be fixed in the next update.

In the case of Online Flight Planner, the string I get is

KPHX SID PSP STAR KSNA

I've not seen the runways added before, but it is the KPHX/08 and KSNA/02L that is making that one fail.

The key to any of the imports using FP Import is to have the Departure Airport ICAO_Code as the first entry on the line and the Destination Airport ICAO_Code as the last entry.  Otherwise, it won't work.

Thanks,
Dave

Adding both ICAO_Codes solved it.. thank you :)

ia mam trying the trial latest version before i puchase it i find it does not export .rte format only .pln   to my pdmg aircraft in D:\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 which pdmg fmc doesnt recognize as saved plan

this prog works ok in x-plane 11 but not p3d v 4.1 is it going to support .rte format

The program works fine with P3Dv4x.  You must install FSUIPC v5.1+ in order for that to work.

Exporting to the PMDG .rte format has been on the future enhancements list for a while and will be added with the next update.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I've just started a quick "trial" session on my Test PC (not the cockpit), just so I can look round and try a few things. I will see if I can fit what I need on one of my very small in-cockpit screens (as per your suggestions in the other thread I've started), but meanwhile, a couple of quick questions:

1. I don't seem to be able to import or export the original FS9/FSX text .PLN format, only the XML format. Is it not possible to use older format .PLN files? I still have some programs which produce or require that (more compact) format, and most programs seem to be able to cope with both. (Less importantly, I do also have a library of such .PLNs, which I know need re-doing in any case using later AIRACs).

2. One I finish my trial needs on this PC, can  I start a new trial, or complete this trial period on a different PC (for tests in-cockpit)?  Or do I need to do something about the hardware registration?

Sorry about the mixed subjects in the end. The main one was about the PLN files, that's why I added to this thread.

Thanks,
Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete,

The older format .pln files are not currently supported.  To be honest, this is the first request for them, but there may be a broader need.  If you send me a few such plans I'll have a look and see if I can add them to the growing list of import/export options.  Email them to admin@pilot2atc.com .

Yes, the trial period is per PC, so you can indeed start a new trial on a different PC.

Thanks,

Dave

3 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you send me a few such plans I'll have a look and see if I can add them to the growing list of import/export options.  Email them to admin@pilot2atc.com .

Okay. Will do, tomorrow.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

On 3/11/2018 at 2:22 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Okay. Will do, tomorrow.

Pete

Hello Pete, so what is your verdict based on your system and your needs?

Please share

Thanks,

Today I had created a new flight plan from KSEA to KPDX.  KSEA, TCM, BAT, KPDX.  When importing the flight plan from FSX I validated and when I tried to file it stated that I "have to have an approach specified" and would not let me file the flight plan without it.  I haven't had to have an approach before so what has changed?  I'm running version 2.5.0.3 x 64.

Only VFR flight plans can be filed without an approach.  IFR flight plans must have an approach in the plan.

Dave

Interesting, I don't remember that from when I was flying.  I had to make sure weather was good enough for available approaches but never had to include an approach when filing a flight plan at a military base.  Did this change recently?  Also I am doing the same thing as I did before when importing a flight plan and have left the type of flight  play as whatever it was set to.  Assumed to be IFR.  Well if that's the way it is I guess I'll be flying VFR flight plans.  Never made sense to plan an approach when you don't know what the winds will be.  

Edited by jfwharton

This is not a real world requirement.  That would vary from country to country. 

That is required by Pilot2ATC so the program knows what kind of approach you want.

Dave

OK thank you for the information.  I'll just adjust and possible just use VFR for the flight plan type going forward.

I see that you can now export to the RealityXP GTN750 - great stuff! The problem is the current folder that these need to be saved in is something like C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

You have a dialog popup on the Export screen so that you can set this folder. The problem is that the ProgramData folder is hidden, so will not show up in the dialog box, so this path cannot be set. Is there some other way to set this path?

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+