Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Flight Plans (Importing and exporting) V2

38 minutes ago, kneighbour said:

ProgramData folder is hidden, so will not show up in the dialog box, so this path cannot be set. Is there some other way to set this path? 

You can un hide it in your folders options.

24 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

You can un hide it in your folders options.

Ha! A simple solution - should have thought of that! Many thanks.

• Like 1

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Is the .gfp export only for the Reality gTN750 or should it work with the Flight1 GTN also? I exported a plan to F1 GTN folder but when imported all I got was destination - no route or waypoint errors, just the destination. I didn't have time to try a different plan so it could have been user error but wondering if it is supposed to work with the F1 gTN.

Thanx,

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sounds like you don't have any en-route waypoints and don't have the "Export SID/STAR/APPR Waypoints" option checked.  That would result in just the Departure and Destination airports being in the plan.

Dave

Thanx Dave - I'll give that a shot.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

P2A and X-Plane are not getting along on what to call airports. For instance, S69 Lincoln Montana in X-Plane is KS69 in P2A. This is making it impossible to create flight plans that can be loaded into both X-Plane's GPS (or RealityXP's GTN750) and P2A. Is there some configuration voodoo I can do?

1 hour ago, Shinhwa said:

P2A and X-Plane are not getting along on what to call airports. For instance, S69 Lincoln Montana in X-Plane is KS69 in P2A. This is making it impossible to create flight plans that can be loaded into both X-Plane's GPS (or RealityXP's GTN750) and P2A. Is there some configuration voodoo I can do?

I thought all US airports had the K pre-pended in official ICAO standards? The old local 3 letter identifiers should surely not be still in use in programs intended for world-wide use like X-Plane and the GTN750.

The IDs P2A use will be from the AIRAC data from Navigraph and whatever is used to extract data from X-Plane. In FSX & P3D that latter data is from MakeRwys. i don't know how the data is sucked from X-Plane. But either way, I doubt that the real source of your problem is P2A.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Uh yeah, ok. I'm just saying that I can't import/export anything to/from P2A because nothing, at least on the X-Plane side, uses those identifiers. You can't search for Lincoln on SkyVector, VFRMap, or AirportNavFinder with "KS69".

I'm not assigning blame. I'm looking for a work around and wondering what other people have done.

UPDATE: On the left side of the MFD I click the "Search" feature and use "S69" or "KS69" and it works. If I click the "Wpt" function to add it to the flight plan only "KS69" works.

Edited by Shinhwa

It is from the AIRAC data where K is prepended to all Continental US Airports, it seems.

In reality, The US is unique in terms of the number and variety of airports.  ICAO airport codes must be all alpha letters, like KDFW or KJFK.  These are typically larger airports, but some small airports without towers also have ICAO compliant codes, like KMWL, because they have weather stations. 

Un-towered airports with not weather station, may still have the Alphanumeric designation, like S69 in the real world.  The AIRAC data pre-pends the country designator "K" to help in supporting logic where the "K" is used to determine the country the airport is in.

I will look at modifying the export code to remove the K from such airports when exporting flight plans.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Yeah I'm having this same problem. I just signed up for navigraph to get everything on the same AIRAC but now I'm all of a sudden running into all these airports that show up with the K in P2ATC but nowhere else (skyvector, activesky, xp11)

BTW, I just figured out.. if you export your flight plan from either Navi Charts or even Little Navmap.. and you use the FMS file type (for x-plane) it will import all the SIDS / STARS /APPR etc into P2A.

However, if you export *.pln it will not.  (I have MSFS2020)

So, what I have been doing as a "work around" is making the plan in charts, exporting for P2A as FMS, then, export from P2A as PLN for MSFS.  Works great.

i have tried everything and no matter what i do the Pilot2atc flight plan is not the same as my MSFS202 flight plane when i load from msfs the only thing that is correct is the altitude , SIDS and Stars are not correct

first i create flight plan in Pilot2ATC then export (with SIDS and STARS (as per conf setting)

the when i load the Plan into msfs2020 the whole flight plan looks nothing like the Pilot2atc plan