Sign in to follow this  
stampee

major stutter to single digit frame drops P3d version 3

Did you try watching your task manager while P3D is running to see if a process spikes?

You might try setting FFTF to .01  and Optimize Parts to 1 cfg file.  Those seem to be the two CFG tweaks that made the most difference to me.

the bottom line is. I do not know what changed on my system causing this bad problem, but thankfully the restore point pretty  fixed it for me.

Might want to give it some time before calling it solved ... can you list what Windows updates you rolled back?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

I have a question for you from something I saw in this thread.

I run an i5-2500k processor and GTX 670 card in my system and have recently done a clean install of Windows 10 with P3Dv3.1.2 and these are the only adds/mods I have made:

Fiber Frame Time Fraction = 0.01

Shader Cache Version = 1

Use Global Terrain View = True

My question is isn't the Affinity Mask add we used to make not necessary now since I see all four of my cores running with the max on core 0 of course? Do you still recommend the add?

Additionally I've done the following thru Nvidia Controller:

Set Global Vsync to Adaptive (allow I don't use Vsync or triple buffering in the P3D set-up boxes)

Set Power Management Mode to Prefer Max

and I've disabled the Nvidia High Def Audio and Virtual Audio items in device manager

this is all I've done this round and things seem to work very well with reasonably decent sim settings using locked frames at 26fps and full tessellation.

Am I missing something obvious that could lend further improvements?

Thanks in advance for all you do for all the Flight Simmers!

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

For what it is worth, my system ground to a near-halt when I undocked some panels with SLI enabled. As soon as I disabled SLI, all was well.

Ian S

38.jpg

Rob: I cannot say which updates I rolled back :(  There was a list of about 11 security updates that needed to be done since the restore point. I turned off auto updates to prevent screwing the pooch again, but

I went to find them for you, and now the list is gone. 

I go to updates and it says all of these updates have been done today. So apparently the updates were stored on my harddrive and windows went ahead and re-installed them all for me.

So far things are still working, so I just dont know what caused all my grief. I have not installed the latest ATI drivers, and do not intend to until I am sure things are running properly.

Thank you for all your advice.

-Stampee

Did you try watching your task manager while P3D is running to see if a process spikes?

You might try setting FFTF to .01  and Optimize Parts to 1 cfg file.  Those seem to be the two CFG tweaks that made the most difference to me.

Forkboy: yes I have been watching the task manager like a hawk and could never see anything causing a problem. I will try fftf and optimize parts and see if I gain any improvement. Thank you

-Stampee

Bjoern. Are you saying I have to disable Aero to completely eliminate updates?

I now have them turned off in the security updates in control panel.

-Stampee

Hi all,
Facing the same problem!
I've been using P3D v3 for a month and i can't say that i'm really satisfied with performance i get from my system. I have Lenovo Y510P Laptop which has i747000 MQ CPU 2.40 GHZ , 16 GB Ram and 2*Nvidia GT755 M GPU (SLI).

Well , I know high performance shouldn't be expected from Laptops but i have to run my system with laptop because due to my business i travel a lot and i believe that i have the affordable nice performance laptop but performance from P3D not satisfactory. Especially with FPS drops to 4-5 from 25s on like in every 20-25 seconds . I always fly on Vatsim and that makes me have hard landings and sometime crashes.

My old system was like something with I5 and Ati Video card  (4-5 years old notebook) and i can say that performance was better with almost same addons in FSX. That's why i believe i'm doing something wrong or something is wrongly set.

My expectations is not like a huge frames with all addons in HD textures. I just want to fly normally online with Payware Airports and Aerosoft/PMDG aircrafts in normal textures. (I don't know if i'm asking much but i believe it shouldn't be =) )

Addons I use generally ,
Aerosoft A320 or PMDG 777
UK2000 or AS Sceneries
FSRealWX
vPilot with no AI Traffic addon

I did this Fiber Frame and Affinity Mask tweak to cfg file but nothing changed significantly.
And also did what Bjorn said and that didn't work ?

Can be frustrating I know...

I have the same cpu and i get better results running at 4.3/4 mhz dont push the oc to the limit and check the cpu temps.

Another thing is that memory speed, I had major stutters with my old memory, I upgraded to a 2400mhz , same brand as yours, and the stutters where gonne.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync