Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Dash 8 in P3D 3.1

Hi-

Does anyone have the Dash8 working correctly in 3.1?

I bought and installed it late last night and discovered no rudder control. my Saitek pedals don't even appear in the Controls section of P3D.

Thanks,

Mark

OK-

Went over to the Majestic forum and got the scoop. You have to set up, thru the control panel, the ailerons to steer the aircraft under about 20 knots.

Different animal, to be sure.

Love the sounds, just like the real one I rode a while back  :smile:

Everything works normally except the glitches with the lighting when switching views: for some strange reason, the lighting becomes darker when I switch back into the cockpit

Intel Core i9 9900KF, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS XTREME 1151v2, 32Gb 3000MHz Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4, Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti Xtreme Waterforce, 1Tb SSD Samsung 960 PRO Series M2, SSD PCI-E 960GB OCZ RevoDrive 350, VirtualFly YOKO “the yoke”+MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Does anyone know if they fixed the issue.... where this aircraft cannot work with the  Saitek Pro Flight Panel gauges?

The attitude indicator and some of the 6 pack indicators do not send out numbers out of P3Dv3 or fsx

So if you have any sort of home cockpit gauges..they would not work

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Q400 in P3D v3.1 works perfectly for me

Everything works normally except the glitches with the lighting when switching views: for some strange reason, the lighting becomes darker when I switch back into the cockpit

Yes - I have noticed this as well. When I switch back to the cockpit, I have to pan downwards, zoom into the FMS and zoom back out to get the brightness back to normal. 

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Does anyone know if they fixed the issue.... where this aircraft cannot work with the  Saitek Pro Flight Panel gauges?

The attitude indicator and some of the 6 pack indicators do not send out numbers out of P3Dv3 or fsx

So if you have any sort of home cockpit gauges..they would not work

The MJC Q400 may not work well with the Saitek panels if at all since our method of programming the aircraft does not follow suit to most FSX/P3D aircraft models.  We don't have any modules in house for which tests could have been  done.  That being said, I know that LINDA (LUA) has provided capabilities for other external hardware devices, I am not sure if this may be an option for you.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

The MJC Q400 may not work well with the Saitek panels if at all since our method of programming the aircraft does not follow suit to most FSX/P3D aircraft models.  We don't have any modules in house for which tests could have been  done.  That being said, I know that LINDA (LUA) has provided capabilities for other external hardware devices, I am not sure if this may be an option for you.

Hi Simeon

These basic numbers (6 pack)  are required to be be output from the sim.. Not sure where Linda can get these values if the sim doesn't have them. I understand you are doing most of the flight calculations outside... but I do not know how hard  it is for you to pass the values back to the sim for these basic six pack instruments (maybe the VOR and ILS too). I don't believe all 6 gauges have the wrong numbers..its probably just 2 or 3. I remember  the attitude indicator does not work. 

Even PMDG with their complex aircrafts have these numbers within the sim. So does RealAir and others.

It would really really help lots of us home cockpit guys out... if you can make this happen... :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This may not necessarily be any easy task to accomplish - as we merely use the simulator platform as a scenery generator.  You may be correct in that Linda may not be of much assistance in this case.  PMDG  and or other developers are not using the same method that we do for the development of the aircraft - so they have some more flexibility in having the data transferred to the respective gauges.

At this time we can not make any promises, but will attempt to investigate the possibility as when get closer to the completion of the TRAINING Edition.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I just press F9 or F10 another time (depends whether I was in VC or 2D) and the screen becomes bright again.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN