Sign in to follow this  
propsfan

FSChatter live

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10160

I bought the full version of this for $10. WELL worth the few bucks! I highly recommend it. It really brings a huge element of added realism to your flights.

From the download page:

"FSChatter Live uses X-Plane’s communications frequencies to play live streaming ATC transmissions from the web. There are two modes of operation; automatic and manual. In the automatic mode, X-Plane must be running and a COM frequency selected that has an ATC stream assigned to it by FSChatter. In the manual mode FSChatter Live can be operated directly without X-Plane.

The program includes a Range feature that allows you set a distance in miles around a selected airport. ATC transmission will not play if you are flying beyond this range.

You can also use pre-recorded wave files as your source of ATC. If there is no Live ATC from your favourite airport you can grab your scanner and record your own. In addition to the Live ATC transmissions and pre-recorded wave files, FSChatter Live X-Plane can also play Internet radio for you.

FSChatter Live will operate fully functional for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of installation. After thirty (30) days, you can still use FSChatter Live with the following restrictions:

A maximum of three (3) ATC entries will be allowed.
The Print Master List option is disabled.
The Add New ATC Data option is disabled.
The Backup and Restore options are disabled.
Maximum Range is set to ten (10) miles.

Purchasing a registration key ($10.00) will remove all these restrictions and restore full functionality to the program.

FSChatter Live ATC requires the current version of XPUIPC for X-Plane. The XPUIPC Module allows FSChatter to communicate with X-Plane. You can always get the very latest version by going directly to XPUIPC web site at http://www.tosi-online.de

FSChatter Live X-Plane is intended for use with the Windows PC version of X-Pane.

Dave Westbury.
March 2010"

I'm don't want be negative here, but can't you just go to liveatc.net and play it in the background without paying $10 for an app to do it for you? Especially since liveatc.net forbid this (unless he has some sort of agreement with them, in which case I apologise)

2) LiveATC.net is for non-commercial (personal) use only - that means you can't use LiveATC.net and the audio streams here for personal gain, financial or otherwise.

You can absolutely, I actually had a VLC playlist with all my favorites on it. I have a hardware radio stack from Elite simulations, the AP4000, and this little program allows me to tune my radios on the desk, which tunes them in sim, to the desired frequencies and the feed changes automagically. Obviously, tuning them in sim does the same thing. There's something about tuning the radios to the correct frequencies and hearing the real world ATC feed that I just like. Anyone with Saitek radios would benefit too.

I have no idea if he has an agreement tbh. My working assumption is that he does until he says otherwise.

I coded up something like this for FSX awhile back.  Did the same thing, tuned in pre-configurable LiveATC feeds based on comm freq.  Also read how you had your send/receive set, so that you had an in-game method of muting it quickly in order to hear in-game ATC.  I was planning on releasing it as freeware, and in fact I think I shared it to some people here on Avsim for beta-testing, but was a little leery due to the possibility that it might breach the TOS on LiveATC.

But I do agree - tuning your comm radios in sim and having real world ATC play is quite awesome.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Apart from comm frequency, is it location based as well? It's been many years since I used an ATC chatter addon, but I remember I had one in FSX which did a very good job, i.e. The accents changed as you flew from country to country, etc.. It was all prerecorded and it got a little repetitive after a while, but it added a lot to the overall immersion

Well you have to be within a set distance of the field you are tuning so I suppose it is. You can set the required distance yourself. It's all live chatter as you transit the space, it's very effective I think.

I Also purchased this and love it,

The fact that I can tune my radios into any given frequency I have added and hey presto real ATC chatter.

It's great sitting on the ground at CYYZ listening to the clearance delivery frequency while I am preparing my flight, then over to ground while I taxi and finally tower before departure :)

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png