Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Pilot2ATC (P2A) V2.0 Beta

Hi everyone.

I really appreciate all the interest in the V2.0 Beta release.  It should be out in a matter of hours, not weeks.  Pushing hard to get it ready before the weekend.

I opened this thread so we can have a single place to go for questions and information on the status of the V2 Beta.

So a few questions that have come up elsewhere are worth mentioning here:

1) The upgrade to V2.0 is Free to existing users

2) The Beta code will only be available initially to current V1 users.  This will avoid having the initial environment setup issues, like language pack installation, Windows settings, etc. that could inhibit our ability to do a "laser focused" V2 Beta testing effort.

3) There will be no trial version of V2 until after the Beta is over.

4) V1 will remain available, as it is with a 15 day trial, during the Beta.  This will allow interested users a chance to be sure their environment can support Pilot2ATC before making any financial outlays.

5) If you try V1 and get it up and running and then would like to joint the Beta, purchase it and you will be given a free upgrade, following the process yet to be announced.  BUT PLEASE BE SURE V1 works and you have it running well in you environment before purchasing it.

6) The process to receive the free upgrade is simple and will involve sending me an email with your V1 License Key and me sending back a V2 License Key.  PLEASE DO NOT SEND the emails yet.  I will post here the details of the process once the code is available.

I have opened a dedicated Sub-Forum for reporting bugs found in V2.  This should be used only for reporting bugs.

I will be opening a separate thread for comments/feature enhancement requests for V2 after the Beta is available.  That thread will be pinned here in the main support forum.

So please use this thread for any questions you might have regarding the Beta Program. 

Thanks again for all the interest,

Dave

• Upvote 2