Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie1968

SOP 2 and PACKS OFF call out

Hi

I still have this small problem.

If I'm using SOP2, everything is fine. I take off, but i can't seem to go from "Initial Climb" to "After Take Off Checks" . If i scroll on to "After Take Off Checks"  and I call for this, the FO calls out "Standby". That's all I get.  Later in flight I go to "Descent Checks" and everything is fine.

I've just tried it again and the same happens, "BUT" if i change from SOP2 to SOP3 in flight, like i just did climbing through FL100 as a test, it works.

Also today, I was in SOP3, flying to Portugal. Everything was fine, but i could not get "Landing Checklist to Flaps", I was on a VOR approach. Everything after works fine.

My voice is ok, as it works with everything else.

Am I setting something up wrong ?

The other problem is,

The FO calls out "Packs Off" which is annoying as I have to put them back to auto.

This happens randomly, sometimes after the FO as finished what he was saying, ie "Seat belts sign on" or he could say "Checked", not necessarily after these words, it can be any. Also I get "Packs High" but very rare.

Sometimes my voice can trigger this off, but as this is random I can't pinpoint it.

Is there any way i can take the packs voice out ?? 

My house is quiet, no other sounds. My mike is quite low, so not to pick up other sounds. I have also done a reinstall. Everything is up to date and running FS2crew 1.1

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not flying now till next week as I'm away from Saturday, but will have PC access.

Cheers Ronnie 

Hi Ronnie,

Are you getting the SDK warning message?

For the after takeoff checklist, your flaps needs to be up.

Are you making the flaps calls?

Landing checklist to flaps:  What mode were you in as shown on the Main Panel?  I needs to say Landing.  Did you see the phrase in the green bar?

Packs calls:  Run the voice training again.  Keep your mic further from your mouth.  When not using voice for a period of time, engage "Hard Mute".

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

I'm getting no SDK warning, FS2crew runs perfect.

No, I'm not making the call for flaps up, I do that myself when the tape tells me what flap position I should be in, when climbing. I will try that, as it may be putting the program out of sync.

The reason I don't call for flaps is. If i call for flaps 1 from flap 5 when the tape on the display in the cockpit say's i should be in flap 1 for that correct speed.....my FO Calls out flaps 1 then  calls flaps up. Even though flaps up is not required yet.

The Pack Calls. This is a bug bearer for me. It can happen after the FO as spoken, so it's not normally my voice that set's the FO to turn the Packs off, it can be his voice. And why is it only  PACKS OFF, he calls out. Listening to the FO, there is nothing that resembles the word PACKS OFF.

I've not seen anything on here with PACKS being turned off, so I'm wondering if it's my sound setup.

Also yes, I do a HARD MUTE on long flights.

As for my voice training, my voice works well with FS2crew, even though I have a London accent !!!. Everything works fine apart from RTO......lol

With the "Landing checklist to flaps", yes the green bar does come up with the correct message. But you mentioned landing. I get Landing/Cleared on the next scroll, that's when i call landing, from there  FS2crew works fine. So i miss out on the Landing Checklist to flaps. If that makes sense.

I'm going to have another look in SOP2 for take off and SOP3 for the landing Checklist.

My other half is off now, so if i get a bit of time I'll will give it ago tomorrow. If not, I'll try next week. You know women and FSX don't mix !!!.

Thanks for the quick response.......Ronnie

Call the flaps, when required, don't do it yourself. I have a london-ish accent and everything is fine for me except saying the word "units" it can never ever understand that, even with training, and entering it in to the windows voice dictionary. So I just call "set"

What Chris said  :smile:

With the "Landing checklist to flaps", yes the green bar does come up with the correct message

What mode are you in?  I think you're in the wrong mode.  Did you complete (all the way) the Approach Checklist?  I'm guessing not.  Please double check the tutorial.  You need to be in "Landing" mode for that call to register.

Packs:  Check your CVR log via the Config Manager to see if the system is hearing packs command (even though you did not intentionally command them).

On the Dep Brief, did you setup for a packs off takeoff by chance?

You know women and FSX don't mix !!!.

Nooooooooo  :Tounge:

I can get units, but not RTO, lol.

Just done a circuit. I used SOP 2 and called for flaps 1 and then 5,  this went to "After takeoff checklist" , so that was down to me not calling the flaps out.

I swapped over from SOP2 to SOP3 and landed back at Stansted.

I gave myself a good distance to work it out. I have found that you can't go from Approach Checklist to Landing Checklist to Flaps which comes up in the menu bar. Looking through my instructions, i have to call "Gear Down Flaps 15, Landing Checklist to Flaps" first, then we go into the Landing to Checklist to Flaps,only  then the FO will call out the necessary call outs. So i missed this out on "Shooting the Approach" page.  

I didn't get a PACKS OFF, but i will monitor that.  I did have the sound turned down on the satellite speakers (not that i have them up high or any loud engine background noise). Maybe the mic is picking some noise up from the speakers.

Thanks for your responses. I'll let you know how I get on with the PACKS OFF. I'll get some piccys next time.

Cheers

Bleeds are on in the DEP brief, just quickly checked IN SOP 2 and 3, but will check again on another flight, Bryan. Cheers though, I didn't think of that !!.

I may reposition my sat speakers just in case, but will look at the CVR log if it happens.

I've never had an issue with RTO. How funny. Weird how Windows voice recognition can be so picky sometimes, even with similar accents. I'm sure Bryan is bored of saying this now, but you can train Windows voice for specific words. You type the word and then say it, to help it along. It helped me with everything but "units" it just will not understand that. But, it solved everything else it struggled with.

I've tried it...lol, I'm crap at a American accent  :smile: . With the PACKS OFF....call out, there are 3 settings in the main setup. ON, OFF and something else. I'm going to try the something else one, which I thinked worked. 

I've just got back from Wales, so I will have a play this week.