Sign in to follow this  
IrishAirline99

GTX750Ti Poor Performance

My GPU, a Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB was returned because it was faulty, I got a replacement the other day and installed it, the FPS is now worse then integrated, the performance of the 750 before I had to return it was running considerably well, I`ve noticed in my FSX settings windows there is two entries GTX750Ti:

GTX750Ti 0.0

GTX750Ti 0.1

The second entry didn't exist when I had the original card, so I don`t understand why this is happening. I never uninstalled the drivers from the original 750 and after I got the replacement I installed the latest drivers again, so could the system be detecting that there is 2 sets of drivers involved?

Thanks in advance

delete your cfg and let P3D rebuild it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yep, as Ron said. Time to delete the cfg and allow it to rebuild. A common issue.

Be warned though, when you delete your cfg, you will have to reenter your settings.

I`ve tried deleting the cfg, still no change in performance. 

Yep, as Ron said. Time to delete the cfg and allow it to rebuild. A common issue.

Be warned though, when you delete your cfg, you will have to reenter your settings.

delete your cfg and let P3D rebuild it.

Deleted the cfg, still no change :(

Hmmm...are you sure it was the cfg? Not sure about P3D, but there are usually copies in there.

I'd say run a driver cleaner, reinstall latest driver... and double check that your settings are the same as prior to the new card.

Are you by any chance running dx10, if so that creates a second entry.

bob

Hmmm...are you sure it was the cfg? Not sure about P3D, but there are usually copies in there.

I'd say run a driver cleaner, reinstall latest driver... and double check that your settings are the same as prior to the new card.

Are you by any chance running dx10, if so that creates a second entry.

bob

I deleted the cfg and it wiped all my settings, so it must have been. I have "preview directx10" unchecked, do you know of any good driver cleaners?

Try deleting your "Shaders" folder and it will rebuild next time you start the sim. 

...AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Try deleting your "Shaders" folder and it will rebuild next time you start the sim. 

...AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

Just tried that, no change, I deleted the shaders folder but not the shaders10 folder

Just tried that, no change, I deleted the shaders folder but not the shaders10 folder

the Shaders10 folder is for dx10, as you are not running dx10 that's ok.

When you install nvidia drivers there is an option to do a 'clean install' so you could do a reinstall using that option. Don' t forget that any install of nvidia drivers set NI and NCP settings back to default values so you will need to re - establish NI settings if you have not saved a profile.

It might be worth just checking that your new card is seated properly.

Bob

Bite the bullet and wipe your drive and start again if you can't nail it soon. it could be an unrelated problem

ZORAN

the Shaders10 folder is for dx10, as you are not running dx10 that's ok.

When you install nvidia drivers there is an option to do a 'clean install' so you could do a reinstall using that option. Don' t forget that any install of nvidia drivers set NI and NCP settings back to default values so you will need to re - establish NI settings if you have not saved a profile.

It might be worth just checking that your new card is seated properly.

Bob

Ok, I`ll re-insert it later, could the card be recognized by the computer but not be performing correctly?

Bite the bullet and wipe your drive and start again if you can't nail it soon. it could be an unrelated problem

I`ll do that if all else fails :(