Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ATC Challenge!.....Up for it!

Chose the LFML -> LEPA route with VOXATC. Successful flight gate to gate.

Cleared as filed, requested start-up and pushback. Given taxi instructions to runway 13L holding point. Cleared to FL60 and assigned the MAME3C SID. Hand-offs and new flight levels provided throughout the flight. Told to expect vectors to 24R - which were indeed provided. Safe landing. Instructed to exit runway, then given taxiway instructions to gate 20.

All nicely done :)

Darren Morris

Good reports Guys and also some negatives which is also good to see

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I tried the KIAH-KABQ route.  I pulled out and installed PROATCX to test as I have not installed RC4 yet.

Didn't really get very far as on climb out I'm cleared to FL300 which is my cruise level then the next controller asked me to descend back to FL210.  I still have 600nm to arrival airport.

Read on the proatc forums it is bug that will be fixed in the next update at some point.

Summary is it did not go well.

Had this too on a flight, check the PROATC-Flightplan on the interface, see if it added any altitude constraints. If it did right click on the waypoint and select the Edit waypoint Altitude and set it to None. Report the issue on the support forum. That should clear it, and it will still obey constraints defined in the NAVDATA base. Don't know why PROATC-X adds it's own constraints, but they do cause issues sometimes. I have gotten into the habit of removing them, and have had no issues like this since.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

On to the next challenge KDEN to KTEX. This was another interesting flight. as it was  vector approach to runway 27. We started out at gate C30 in Denver and was assigned runway 7 via vectors. Cruise altitude was FL280 and descent was slightly early. Approach gave me a vector approach from the waypoint AWUCO to runway 27 and a descent to 13000ft.. On reaching AWUCO  I was mgiven a vector to heading 150, which brought me around the Mountains to the East too low for the approach. I was cleared for the approach which would have sent me into the mountain, so I climbed about 14000 which took me over it, and from there was able to make my visual approach, albeit a little steep, but landed without incident. Though that is a narrow runway (At least in FSX).

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Looking at the charts on KTEX, there are no approaches to runway 27 so it appears that it should be set closed for landing in FSX which it wasn't. Since PROATC-X aligns itself with the scenery DB via the MakeRnwy utility, it only used what was defined in the scenery DB. Therefore the fault for PROATC-X assigning what appears to be a non standard approach rests with the default airport scenery not itself. Had I used a properly defined AFCAD or closed the runway for landing myself, I'm sure PROATC would have assigned a more normal approach to runway 9. So anyone doing this challenge, especially if your ATC program uses Makernwy to align itself, make sure runway 27 is closed for landing before attempting, as the winds are generally out of the west, so if it's defined open Runway 27 will probably be assigned.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Looking at the charts on KTEX, there are no approaches to runway 27 so it appears that it should be set closed for landing in FSX which it wasn't. Since PROATC-X aligns itself with the scenery DB via the MakeRnwy utility, it only used what was defined in the scenery DB. Therefore the fault for PROATC-X assigning what appears to be a non standard approach rests with the default airport scenery not itself. Had I used a properly defined AFCAD or closed the runway for landing myself, I'm sure PROATC would have assigned a more normal approach to runway 9. So anyone doing this challenge, especially if your ATC program uses Makernwy to align itself, make sure runway 27 is closed for landing before attempting, as the winds are generally out of the west, so if it's defined open Runway 27 will probably be assigned.

Runway 27 is only closed at night, landing by day is fine. Though the airfield looks like an artifact from using a high-resolution mesh :)

Just completed the KDEN-KTEX using the Milton Shupe C-1AX.  This is one of my fun flights that I've done

over the past few years flying anything from a B-377 to an A-380.  Default ATC gets me there every time using

Runway 27 or 9 depending on the conditions.

I just called "runway in sight" for 27.

KTEX27.jpg

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

...flying anything from a B-377 to an A-380.  Default ATC gets me there every time..

How do you manage something like the 377 (which doesn't like fast descents) when default ATC gives you a slam-dunk descent?  Do you use a workaround or just live with the engine wear-and-tear?

To all - apologies if this question seems like a thread hijack but the ability to write a custom descent profile is one of the main reasons I'm looking at third-party ATC.  Default has been OK for me in many respects but not that one.

Thanks in advance.  Now back to the challenge!

Fortunately, my experience here was a takeoff on 27 out of KTEX to KDEN with the 377.  With all others it's a

dive for the valley with spoilers extended to slow down and flaps as appropriate. And lots of reverse thrust

at touchdown.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just completed the KDEN-KTEX using the Milton Shupe C-1AX. This is one of my fun flights that I've done

over the past few years flying anything from a B-377 to an A-380. Default ATC gets me there every time using

Runway 27 or 9 depending on the conditions.

I just called "runway in sight" for 27.

Yep, the default ATC is actually pretty darn good when you think about it.

I've been looking at all the current addon ATC offerings and reading their support forums for some time now, and all of them have deficiencies and/or bugs which have convinced me to stick with FSX's built-in ATC until these ATC addon developers can fix the bugs and add adequate ATC functionality to their products.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

H Guys, 

Wow some great reports going here.

Just to let everyone know that the NEW BETA of Pilot2ATC has been released 

http://pilot2atc.com/V2Downloads

Please make sure you follow the instructions

Thanks

Let get some of these flights in and posted here use the latest ATC program.

NB....please post any issues on the P2A forum here on AVSIM

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Watch first my video:

I use a real live ATC app and for windows desktop/laptop this:

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eham

Samples: http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eham_gnd&icao=eham

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eham_twr&icao=eham

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eham4&icao=eham

You can listen from countries (where it is not forbidden) all communications..

Learning and listening and enjoy..

I just found this post. I know I am late, but I seem to be late for everything.

There appears to be no posts since February. Has this ATC experiment ended?

Wayne