Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Does FS9 need airport information to be updated?

I have noticed that a some airplanes that support an FMC suggest that you download information to update SID/STAR information, and I have done this. But what about the data base that shipped with FS9. Does it need to be update somehow, or when I update the SID/STAR information for a specific airplane does it also update FS9?Yesterday I did a flight into KIAH -Bush Intercontinential airport. FS9 reports (under WORLD -Map-airport info) ILS radio information for runway 8.However, the FMC listed two possible runways, both 8L and 8R. I think both left and right do exist, so I suspect a problem with FS9 data base.Thanks,jim

Many airports have been updated and KIAH is one.Search the AVSIM file library for author name Jim Vile.His active ILS adds the new runway and works with the GPS.

YEP, that made the difference. Now displaying correct information for KIAH.Thanks,jim

I am using the KIAH AFCAD2 by Jim Vile and I emailed him today about part of the scenery showing through the new runway 8L/26R. I have some breaks in the runway and houses/trees are showing up over the runway.I am using Ultimate Terrain and FSGenesis mesh but I do not know if this is the problem.Any ideas?Thanks,

The problem is that just installing an AFCAD is insufficient when the geometry of the airport has changed. In this case, it can be fixed by adding flatten and exclude rectangles to the scenery.cfg entry from your AFCADs, but this is kind of a sledgehammer approach. I prefer to use Sbuilder to create a new flatten, and a new VTP poly with airport texture that matches default. SGX will do it too.I did a real quick fix which I've attached. I did about zero testing, so check it out. Just put the two files into your addon sceneryscenery and try them out.scott s..

Thank you for the zip file. I will test it out tonight when I get home from work. I wanted to send you a jpg file of the problem so you can see it before I apply your fix.Regards,

My Active ILS series of airports updates the database which adds the approach data for the new runway and renames the exsisting runway. I also added a AFCAD that draws the new runway and taxiways. As per the readme my files are for the default FS9 scenery only.Included in the ILS bgl are all the exclusions for the autogen that I removed from the default FS9 KIAH so there are no buildings or trees showing in the wrong place.If you add a 3rd party mesh that does not update the land class for the area the runway is placed and you also layer it at a higher priority then you are putting back into the scenery, buildings and trees that should not be there.An additional set of exclusions must be made and placed higher yet into the prioritiy layers when using 3rd party mesh that does not clear the area of the airport ground textures properly. See Scott's post above. hope this helps

Jim,Thank you for the response. I am not using FS Genesis landclass, only the FS Genesis mesh. I ( believe) ultimate terrain does change the landclass. Did you receive my e-mail? I sent a screenshot of what was happening. I am going to apply Scotts' fix tonight when I get home from work and see if that helps.Regards,

Is SGX and SBuilder freeware or payware? Also, I am wondering if I am going to have problems using the rest of Jims' AFCAD's but I am thinking KIAH may be the only problem as it adds a new runway. I noticed the KATL package contains flatten and exclude files.

Is SGX and SBuilder freeware or payware? Also, I am wondering if I am going to have problems using the rest of Jims' AFCAD's but I am thinking KIAH may be the only problem as it adds a new runway. I noticed the KATL package contains flatten and exclude files.