Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Two monitor setup in P3D

Hi Guys:

Quick question been a long time since running 2 monitors - I want one for P3D and the other for atc program with moving map (pilot2atc demo V1) - got most of it working well but my question is anyway of getting rid of the small P3D menu bar above not to show - when I hit alt +enter P3D minimizes to desktop instead of going full screen - thank you

Rich Sennett

Hold down the alt key (about 2 seconds) i believe.

Man that was quick I will give it a try - report back - thanks

Hold down the alt key (about 2 seconds) i believe.

Your are star - worked perfectly a little bit more of a hit but worth it - that bar drives me crazy  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Good deal!!  Glad to help out.

Great deal - thanks Billy

Rich Sennett

Hey Richard, can you recommend the "pilot2atc"?

I just had a look at the website and the specs sound cool!

Hey Richard, can you recommend the "pilot2atc"?

I just had a look at the website and the specs sound cool!

I am only using it for the map currently (V1 Demo) - I am waiting on V2 for full use - I dont have a microphone hooked up to my headset so I have to wait for the newer version which really looks like a great product

Also noticed it did not effect my sim while being used in a 27" second monitor - thought it would make sim laggy but it did not - nice

Rich Sennett

I have to use this trick for my screen shots, I hate that damn bar!!!  

Thanks for the tips!!

Good luck worked great here

Rich Sennett

LOL! Now I know we are coming full circle!! The ALT key hold to remove the bar has been around for years, documented in the sim(s) and in various forums. Yet to some it is a NEW trick.

I think some of us who have been around for a long time might do well to remember that to SOME - this is a brand new toy and what might be obvious to us is hidden to them.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

LOL! Now I know we are coming full circle!! The ALT key hold to remove the bar has been around for years, documented in the sim(s) and in various forums. Yet to some it is a NEW trick.

I think some of us who have been around for a long time might do well to remember that to SOME - this is a brand new toy and what might be obvious to us is hidden to them.

Vic

LOL...Thats a nice way to say we are getting old!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Vic

I actually just learned this about six months ago. I've been ignorant for over a decade!

LOL...Thats a nice way to say we are getting old!!

LOL yup getting older is no fun - thought the same thing but remembered I took a 5 month sabbatical to build my new pc monstrosity :) didnt actually forget I always used it to hide the menu but it wasn't working - actually held it longer than usual then hit alt+enter and it worked - yeah

Weird thing is it did hide the menu but due to having 2 monitors it left a small menu bar up top with nothing in it - thats what threw me - never seen that type of menu bar before - hook up 2 monitors and you will see what I mean

Rich Sennett

I actually just learned this about six months ago. I've been ignorant for over a decade!

Just like I learnt some weeks ago that with holding the space bar I can pan around in the VC  :smile: