Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Possible v2 customer

I use voxatc today but am interested to see what competition is out there especiallybsince voxatc is not p3d compatible. I have seen the previews for v2 but not a single in flight video. I am not so interested in flight planning, I use other software for that and all these videos seem to show is that big planning window.

I would like to know what pilot2atc has that voxatc does not. I am primarely interested in how it controls AI traffic. Too many atc addons conflict with AI due to the fact it does not really control it fully (like voxatc does) This is an important feature for me because I want that World of AI world around me and not having to deactivate it.

Also I fly VFR only so the procedures for that is important like flight following, how close to real world that is, traffic patterns, real ATC sectors corresponding to resl world approach, centers etc.

I noticed it support external voice, thats good. Ivona is in my opinion the best. Can you control speed snd volume for this?

I also dont care for some addons where you basically have to set everything beforehand like a script and then just follow along that static flight script already beforehand having ser your SID/STAR and the percentage chance you will have to fly in to a holding pattern. I want the runwat and controller to tell me this and I want the present traffic situation to determine if a holding pattern is needed. More dynamic factors and less static ones is features I look for.

Mike

Excellent questions Mike !! ... I also use VOXATC as my preferred ATC, but looking at a new program with upgrade support to Prepar3D is now a priority of mine.  I installed P2A v1 on my system last nite but will not have chance to spread "her wings" until Sat nite.

As my concerns and needs are almost the same as yours, I will be closely following the developer's replies here.  If all goes well, I will be purchasing v1 and participating in the beta testing of P2A v2 :smile:

WAT1460.png

I use Pro ATC and like it very much, but also like some of the features I have seen on Pilot 2. My question is, if I have a flight plan from Simbrief, and paste it into Pilot 2, as I do in Pro ATC, will Pilot 2 assign a STAR at the arrival airport as I am approaching it, or do I have to do this manually?   

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use Pro ATC and like it very much, but also like some of the features I have seen on Pilot 2. My question is, if I have a flight plan from Simbrief, and paste it into Pilot 2, as I do in Pro ATC, will Pilot 2 assign a STAR at the arrival airport as I am approaching it, or do I have to do this manually?   

Correct me if I am wrong but you have to import a .pln you cant just paste it - well maybe in new version see manual and find paste looks like an option - this new version looks way better than original version so many nice features

http://pilot2atc.com/Product/P2A_200%20User%20Guide.pdf

Rich Sennett

I also dont care for some addons where you basically have to set everything beforehand like a script and then just follow along that static flight script already beforehand having ser your SID/STAR and the percentage chance you will have to fly in to a holding pattern. I want the runwat and controller to tell me this and I want the present traffic situation to determine if a holding pattern is needed. More dynamic factors and less static ones is features I look for.

will Pilot 2 assign a STAR at the arrival airport as I am approaching it, or do I have to do this manually?

Very interested in this too!

Seems most people want to be 'surprised' by ATC and don't want to script the entire flight before taking off!

I am primarely interested in how it controls AI traffic. Too many atc addons conflict with AI due to the fact it does not really control it fully (like voxatc does) This is an important feature for me because I want that World of AI world around me and not having to deactivate it.

After reading the v2 manual I get the impression P2A v2 will only alert you of traffic. I won't handle traffic and I remember reading somewhere it will only alert you while flying so not on the ground. This is also something I am interested in although in my case mainly for the immersion. I like how default ATC says something to a pilot and how I can see everything happening after that from my cockpit. Such a feature would surely be missed by me. Anyway, the manual isn't clear to me about this so I hope to read an answer soon!

Jeroen you are correct.

P2A does not control the AI traffic, it only displays it and calls it out if you have alerts set to on.

Richard, yes, you point to the .pln file and press import.  Done.  If you want to grab a Flt plan from the web, like at Real World Flight Plans, you can copy/paste and import them that way. 

P2A then lets you say you want a SID, STAR, etc and it will recommend the proper one or let you choose a different one. 

Voices are adjustable once they are installed.  Check the user guide to see the screen shot.

A key goal of V2 was to be as flexible as possible and accommodate the pilot, just like controllers in the real world.  You can hop in the cockpit without a Flight Plan, fly off VFR, request approaches, flight following, pattern entry, even military style overhead pattern.  ATC will know what you're talking about and respond to you.

Hope this clarifies some of these questions.

Dave

You can hop in the cockpit without a Flight Plan, fly off VFR, request approaches, flight following, pattern entry, even military style overhead pattern.  ATC will know what you're talking about and respond to you.

Love this degree of flexibility - exactly the kind of feature set I'd been looking for.

I think I know the answer to this question but wanted to ask just to be sure - am I correct that it's possible to set a descent profile, and that "minimum vertical speed" is the way to set it?  I'm thinking of the need to allow for very shallow descents when flying propliners - their engines get unhappy when you throttle them back to do a jet-style slam-dunk descent.  Having the option to vary the descent rate (which I think you provide) would be nice.

Related question - the vertical profile setting doesn't seem to be aircraft-specific.  Any plans for this in future so that the program recognizes the difference between, say, a Stratocruiser or DC-6 and a 737?  Or does the setting need to be altered each time?

Thanks in advance.  Am looking forward to learning more about v2.

Hi Alan.

Right now, you set the descent rate for each flight plan and it adjusts the TOD point.  On the enhancement list is for the user/pilot to be able to define the flight characteristics of one or more aircraft, select the aircraft they are flying for the given flight and P2A will adjust things like climb and descent rate to match the chosen aircraft.

Gotta leave some features to add in the future, ya know. :smile:

Dave

Hi Alan.

Right now, you set the descent rate for each flight plan and it adjusts the TOD point.  On the enhancement list is for the user/pilot to be able to define the flight characteristics of one or more aircraft, select the aircraft they are flying for the given flight and P2A will adjust things like climb and descent rate to match the chosen aircraft.

Gotta leave some features to add in the future, ya know. :smile:

Dave

The only feature I want now is the pay now button  :Big Grin:

Rich Sennett

I am very seriously looking at this and use VOXATC at the moment.  In fact I ran across P2A when trying to discover whether the UK addition to VOX was worth the extra £29.99.  So my question is does P2A use European and UK terminology when you are flying in their airspace?  Pass you message vs go ahead, QNH, HPa, etc etc.  What about MATZ penetration?  CAP413?  

Here's hoping

Malt

I use voxatc today but am interested to see what competition is out there especiallybsince voxatc is not p3d compatible. I have seen the previews for v2 but not a single in flight video. I am not so interested in flight planning, I use other software for that and all these videos seem to show is that big planning window.

I would like to know what pilot2atc has that voxatc does not. I am primarely interested in how it controls AI traffic. Too many atc addons conflict with AI due to the fact it does not really control it fully (like voxatc does) This is an important feature for me because I want that World of AI world around me and not having to deactivate it.

Also I fly VFR only so the procedures for that is important like flight following, how close to real world that is, traffic patterns, real ATC sectors corresponding to resl world approach, centers etc.

I noticed it support external voice, thats good. Ivona is in my opinion the best. Can you control speed snd volume for this?

Mike

Hi Mike,

I posed very similar questions in my post "Pilot2ATC & other add ons",  and was suggesting the developer to have potential customer vote for most desirable new feature.

Please take a look and leave a message if you think it might be a good idea.

My impression is that right now P2A is mainly aimed to carefully planned IFR missions (airliners?), The fact that it currently ignores simulated AI traffic and simulated weather (it does work with real weather, yes!) is a bit disappointing. 

Potentially a great product, though....

cheers