Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

Aerobask Epic Victory Released

I likely don't need to post a link where it can be found. :wink:

The package comes with the LISA Akoya as a bonus, which I'm almost just as excited about. Plus they released a freeware scenery to accompany the Akoya.

The Victory looks superb (as does the Akoya).  Curious about the functionality present in the FMS, but I'll find out for myself this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking forward to trying this.

Thank You,Looks Real Nice!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I wonder how hard it is on the frames? Anyone know? I'm very tempted.

I'll find out tonight - I plan on picking it up and playing with it then.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Ah wow... dang!  This is the best Aerobask yet without a doubt!  Wow they did a lot on the Skyview glass!  No sids stars yet - but the manual says a free update will have them coming soon!

The glass is really impressive for XP10 offering.  The 2 popup function is great, and I recommend using it as the mouse click spots are a bit tough (I haven't really found a plane with easy ones in XP).  There's the VNAV "banana" to aid in your descents too.  There's a ton of features.

Flying is ... nimble.... very agile but touchy on the controls.  I definitely need some practice!  I actually flew my very first flight on Pilot Edge (Needed a challenge)...  Hand flew the 24 DP from KSBD to KBFL.  Used VOR to VOR first then used AP and entered a flight plan and followed the magenta (I'm a child of the magenta lol - but I didn't come from Riddle).  Entering a flight plan is a bit cumbersome however the functionality of the FMS is really nice.  You can activate certain legs, direct to, and I think you can add and subtract fixes... haven't tried for sure though.

I also really enjoyed the fact that Stephane included kHz spacing options... I hated scrolling through the frequencies online... well it's simple now if you only fly USA!

The modelling is typical Aerobask, very modern, very smooth.  Still a bit "plasticky" but I think that's more of an XP10 thing.  Sounds are good.  And GPU is modelled - I performed the flight from cold and dark to cold and dark (I RTFM for once haha!)...  

All in all, just lovely, I highly recommend buying this!  Haven't even checked out the bonus plane yet!

p.s.  Performance is like any carenado addon for me...  just fine - fps drop a little in complex areas with scenery.  Refresh rate of the glass is very good though.

epicv1.jpg

epicv2.jpg

epicv4.jpg

epicv5.jpg

epicv3.jpg

epicv7.jpg

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ah wow...

Thanks for the mini-review Ryan!

I was planning on picking it up from the moment I saw it, but my mind was made up for sure last night while watching some of the tutorial videos linked on the Aerobask site, and hearing that they plan on adding sids/stars/approaches to the flight planner in a future free update.

Gosh, I'm not sure that it's worth their while to do so, but I sure hope that they take the knowledge that they've developed here and retrofit the E1000 and the DA42 with proper MFD's.  I can handle the oversize GNS screen in the E1000, but it looms rather large in the DA42!

The fact that they've tossed in the Akoya, and then developed a freeware scenery to fly the Akoya in... I'm quite impressed.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for the mini-review Ryan!

I was planning on picking it up from the moment I saw it, but my mind was made up for sure last night while watching some of the tutorial videos linked on the Aerobask site, and hearing that they plan on adding sids/stars/approaches to the flight planner in a future free update.

The fact that they've tossed in the Akoya, and then developed a freeware scenery to fly the Akoya in... I'm quite impressed.

Sure no prob!

I know - I feel like I almost cheated them for the cost of these two planes....  they could have priced this jet alone at 40 USD!  Maybe once they get the sid/stars in - the plane is already feature-packed!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The modelling is typical Aerobask, very modern, very smooth.

You know, I'd love nothing more than for them to turn their penchant for composite aircraft into making a Rutan Q1.  I've been on-and-off working on a mesh for one for a very, very long time now, and I'd give anything for a top shelf developer to do one.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

That would be great - I'd love to see a quickie for XP!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I'm surprised there's not much interest in this plane.  Is it the scary glass?  :Tounge:

This plane is a large step above the last Aerobask - and a step in the right direction for XP10 glass cockpit aircraft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

This plane is a large step above the last Aerobask

The last Aerobask aircraft being the Viperjet... I actually think the Viperjet was extremely well done.  Excellent cockpit, with a nice outlay of instrumentation and good use of the built-in GNS.  Nice and fast, and great to either cruise on AP from place to place or to hand fly and toss around a bit.

I should really finish off and upload the three or four fictional repaints I did for it.

That said, I think people don't get as excited about rare / uncommon / experimental small aircraft.  After all, there's only like two dozen Viperjet kits sold and half a dozen registered in the US.

I think the Victory might suffer a bit from the same problem - with only 16 built thus far, perhaps it just doesn't get people as excited.  Which is too bad, since it looks wonderful.  I hope I can take a break from work tonight to give it a test flight!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I suppose people just want MOAR Boeings and Airbuses.... boring boring boring!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I suppose people just want MOAR Boeings and Airbuses.... boring boring boring!

Very true unfortunately. Just look at the reactions to PMDG's DC-6... so many people complaining that they want the 737 NG instead, not an "old junk plane". Sad, really.

Anyway, I've made a few short flights with the Epic Victory and so far I'm very happy with it. It's ovious that Aerobask have put a lot of work into the little jet, and the result looks, sounds and feels great. The glass cockpit (something I usually avoid whenever possible) is surprisingly well done and makes clever use of the default X-Plane features, but re-packages them into a very very neat set of avionics.

But most of all, it's a blast to fly! Initially I thought that the controls were too twitchy, but after adding a 35% slope to pitch and roll inputs (in the X-Plane joystick menu) it's pure joy.

The only thing I dislike is that it flies rather too stable at low speeds, and also appears to be too forgiving in a stall. Of course I have no idea how the real thing flies, but looking at the design with its small wings I'd think it would behave differently.

But those are small drawbacks when compared to the many things the Victory does well, and for $30 it's a winner in my book for sure! And last but not least I love that they do not only give away another aircraft for free along with the Victory, but also made a very nice scenery addon as a gift for the entire community. Thumbs up for that!

Cheers,

Steve

a4eWVWXh.jpg

9TIcbLwh.jpg

• Upvote 1

Actually, I have read somewhere that real Epic Victory is behaving extremely well in low speeds (<100ktas), so I assume it's a desired behaviour of the in-game model.

Can't find the source now.

Anyhow, even though latests Aerobask's release wasn't on my to-buy list, I did buy it anyway since they offered so much along with the aircraft. It was a nice touch. so why not support such developer.

I won't go into detail this time, but my o my, the Epic Victory is just pure joy. It hand flies extremely well and it's just fun to operate. Quickly became my favourite GA plane for now. Go buy it, it's damn worth it.