Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

FSX/P3D add-on "freez'

Good morning-evening fellow simmers;

With recent developments of the new Title of Dovtail Flight Simulator a very concerning thought comes to my mind- what will happen to all of my add-ons, all of my hundreds of dollars invested in addons like the PMDG, Orbx, REX, Fly Tampa, Aerosoft, Real Air, Alabeo...etc, after all, should I continue spending more more money in the upcoming new releases of those developers? There are so many new products coming out that I have been looking forward to, like the v2 747 by PMDG, Orbx Open LC N/A, the newly released Orbx SoCal, upcoming A330 by Aerosoft and many more airports like Frankfurt and Amsterdam. 

So...., I have personally decided that I will not be purchasing any more products for FSX/P3D until I know what is the future of this Dovetail stuff and where the developers will be going with there new add-ons. I just dont want to be buying the same products twice. I do know that they will be two completely different gaming engines; however, till the developers and DTG will share some light on the upcoming strategy, my credit card will be put away in a safe place. 

I was wondering what will you guys do? Will you continue to support the upcoming new releases for FSX/P3D, or will you guys be waiting for more information as well? 

Many Thanks, looking forward to reading your thoughts and opinions.

Then look forward to a long wait with nothing new to explore. It will not until probably Q4 of this year before the new sim is released, and another year at least before decent add-on products become available... :unknw:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So this pretty much answers my question. Definitely no more paywear addons for me for a while.

This post was taken from the Orbx forums and was written by JV. 

''Couple of things... because conjecture irritates me!

- Flight School is what it is, no discussion is needed about it really, since we are not the target market for it. I wish DTG lots of success with it because it will bring new simmers into our community at long last

- It is logical that Orbx, REX, A2A etc and some other developers who have already sold DLC for FSX:SE are going to be involved with DGFS

- DTG have not announced an open SDK, and I doubt that they will, nor will there be a freeware community springing up around the sim

- Backward compatibility is neither assured or announced by DTG nor desired by Orbx; we WANT it to be broken so we can start to exploit new technology, finally. It's been too long since we began hacking an old 2006 engine

- You will likely have to purchase all your favorite addons again for DGFS; deal with it, it's going to cost developers a bunch of money to move them across.

- It will take quite some time for developers to port their content across, even with access to an early beta''

I take everything I read on the "Internet" with a huge grain of salt, particularly pontification and prognostication from specific sources... :Whistle:

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator