Sign in to follow this  
Guest KFD

Flying For Fun (At Last!!)

Guest KFD

Hi,Just had to mention this as I'll bet it applies to 80% of us in this forum! I've become an add on junkie - I buy new aircraft as they are released and I'm a sucker for scenery too. I'm always tweaking my hardware, always looking for optimisation tips, always lusting after those who have the latest ATI/Nvidia cards and - to top it all - losing sleep over whether the new drivers are better or not - what the #### is my PCI latency rate - will my broadband connection keep up to speed with the weather - its all too much!!SO - today, I loaded the Dreamfleet A36 at Darrington Muni and flew, VFR using the GPS along the coast to Vancouver Intl. Enjoyed the weather and scenery and just handflying the A36. It was a joy and I even did not turn on the Framerate counter!! A really enjoyable hour and a half and a real reminder that FS9 is to be flown and ENJOYED. Must do more of the same and I urge everyone elso to forget the mechanics of the sim and just go out and fly for the fun. I'm a real world pilot too and I still really enjoyed flying FS9 just for fun!Kev