Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

AI Traffic

So I have done some further reading in the forum and from what I understand not much will happend in the AI department in version 2? Beeing a World OF AI nut I like seeing those Boeings and Airbuses and the pleasure of hearing them on the same ground, tower, aporoach and center frequency I am on. Also seeing them perform the instructions I just heard ATC assign to them is a real joy.

I would like to know how Pilot2ATC interact with AI, if at all? Will I be alone on those com frequencies and alone on the airports if I dont want to risk running in to AI traffic, might deactivating AI be the only alternative then?

The concept of hearing live ATC running in the background is really a no no for me. I rather have a silent radio rather than hearing traffic that has nothing to do with my flight or even with my flight simulator.

I am sorry for all these questions but finding the right ATC addon to stick with is not easy :) One addon has this great feature but severely lack the other crucial feature and so on.

Mike

P2A does not control AI traffic.  It does show Ground and Airborne AI traffic, but does not interact with them at the present time.

...... Beeing a World OF AI nut I like seeing those Boeings and Airbuses and the pleasure of hearing them on the same ground, tower, aporoach and center frequency I am on. Also seeing them perform the instructions I just heard ATC assign to them is a real joy.

Mike

Mike,

my experience was, when I am tuned in to a particular frequency (i.e. CLD, Ground, Tower etc.) I can hear all the communication of the stock ATC from FSX. Strangely enough is only, that P2A mostly assigns an other runway than FSX ATC :Party:

Moreover you will get traffic alerts, if AI traffic comes within an adjustable distance to your aircraft.

Dscho

P2A does not control AI traffic.  It does show Ground and Airborne AI traffic, but does not interact with them at the present time.

It's those last four words that get me interested as the lack of interaction with AI traffic is the ONE thing that is making me hesitate to buy into P2A. So is that just a throwaway statement, or is there a short- or medium-term plan to add full AI ATC?

SkipperMac

SkipperMac

It's not on the short to medium term list of projects.  It is on the enhancements I'd like to add list.  Problem is, it's not just a few lines of code added to the base.  There are whole products  that do nothing but control AI....so it's on the list of possible future upgrades or add-ons.

Hope that clarifies for everyone.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I don't imagine for a minute that it would only be a few lines of code. But then neither is what you have already developed, so perhaps a future P2A will talk to the AI. Is 'talking' to the AI possibly a few less lines of code than 'controlling' it?  :wink:

SkipperMac

Yes, but If you tell it to do something and it doesn't, it wouldn't be that beneficial.  Also would depend on how much info is being broadcast by the SIM. 

The ATC Chatter provides a pretty immersive environment for the longer trips, especially if you can get ATC chatter that is from that part of the world.  V2 provides a folder based, as well as file based, chatter mechanism, so you can load up hours worth of chatter for each controller and never hear the same conversations twice on a very long flight. 

P2A does give traffic alerts and reacts to your "No Joy" or "Traffic in sight" calls.  Other programs like World Traffic can create AI traffic that is visible to P2A, so you're not stuck with the SIM's traffic and you should be able to align traffic with the real weather so you don't get the AI traffic taking off with 24kt tailwinds.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Yes, but If you tell it to do something and it doesn't, it wouldn't be that beneficial.  Also would depend on how much info is being broadcast by the SIM. 

The ATC Chatter provides a pretty immersive environment for the longer trips, especially if you can get ATC chatter that is from that part of the world.  V2 provides a folder based, as well as file based, chatter mechanism, so you can load up hours worth of chatter for each controller and never hear the same conversations twice on a very long flight. 

P2A does give traffic alerts and reacts to your "No Joy" or "Traffic in sight" calls.  Other programs like World Traffic can create AI traffic that is visible to P2A, so you're not stuck with the SIM's traffic and you should be able to align traffic with the real weather so you don't get the AI traffic taking off with 24kt tailwinds.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Is there a comparable product to World Traffic available for P3D? Is it a program to add or control AI?

Thanks

Sorry to be late to the party, but I hope that the AI Traffic addon-expansion for P2A will allow us to use other programs such as World Traffic 2 for traffic and that the expansion only communicates with it.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Hi Dave, I will download and try Pilot2ATC, have you got any plan to cooperate with Greg, the author of WT, to have a good integration of the two programs. WT ATC is just text and quite simple and bugged, but the rest is great and with next version 3 coming I think much easier to work with.

Airport flows are well designed and you can get pretty complex and realistic flow and I wonder if P2ATC could have the ability to read those airport flows (when present) and align to them for runway selection. I'm sure Greg is more than glad to side his AI traffic with a good ATC program.

Another question, in XP does P2ATC use the WED layout (when present but they are becoming more and more available) to assign taxiways or is it just a hold short RWY XY ?

• Upvote 2