Sign in to follow this  
Dscho

Voices in Windows 7 ?

Hello community,

using Windows 7, I have to settle with "Anna" , which I - and many others too - don`t like very well and moreover only one voice is a bit boring!

Searching the net for voices for Windows 7 I only found some payware voices ( IVONA and acapella) which sounds really good and natural, but are at lush 39 EUR each ( IVONA are offered with a 30 days trial period)

So I want you guys to ask how did you handle this issue.

Which voices do you use?

Is it possible to install the voices of Windows 8 or 10 in Windows 7?

Have you found any other voices ?

And finally one question to P2A: would it possible to include some voices in a future version?

Thanks and have a nice day

Dscho

I only found some payware voices ( IVONA and acapella) which sounds really good and natural, but are at lush 39 EUR each ( IVONA are offered with a 30 days trial period)

Yes some of those IVONA voices are really good, Amy and Sally come to mind.

Almost good enough to have a relationship with :).

I downloaded the demo of these two and after not buying them after the 30 day period they later offered me a decent discount on them.

IVONA voices have changed ownership recently so not sure this still happens.

gb

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes some of those IVONA voices are really good, Amy and Sally come to mind.

Almost good enough to have a relationship with :).

I downloaded the demo of these two and after not buying them after the 30 day period they later offered me a decent discount on them.

IVONA voices have changed ownership recently so not sure this still happens.

gb

I did the same, and yep they are very good

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I was using both Cepstal and Ivona voices. Both are quite good but be advised: \\

I just did some upgrading and still am unable to reinstall Ivona. The installer always reports that "an internet connection is required" and terminates even though my internet connection is working perfectly. This problem is affecting many other folks and none of us have been able to find a solution.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Just want to add to this 'voice' issues. P2A can use TTS voices like the ones from IVONA, and yes there is a cost, but it's worth it. I have different voices for Centers(4), approach etc etc.

So everyone is clear before the BETA is released you WILL NOT get regional ATC voices out of the box. I know this has already been mentioned else where.If you fly in ASIA the controllers will only be as good as the voices that you have. 

If, anyone can find a voice that is English with an Italian accent  that would be good; as I cannot find one. There's a challenge for you :wink: . Talking about challenges I hope you have all seen this and take part in it

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483328-atc-challengeup-for-it/

Hope that makes things clearer. If not then just ask.

Thanks

I was using both Cepstal and Ivona voices. Both are quite good but be advised: \\

I just did some upgrading and still am unable to reinstall Ivona. The installer always reports that "an internet connection is required" and terminates even though my internet connection is working perfectly. This problem is affecting many other folks and none of us have been able to find a solution.

Good Point there Neal, something to be aware of.

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

If, anyone can find a voice that is English with an Italian accent  that would be good; as I cannot find one. There's a challenge for you :wink: . Talking about challenges I hope you have all seen this and take part in it

Not sure if these are the correct format but give it a look

http://www.lumenvox.com/products/tts/#

Rich Sennett

Richard,

I checked the site quickly and it looks like their product is the server for answering phones or similar function.  I didn't see just the voices.

Any voices that meet the SAPI5 TTS standard should work.

Cepstral and Ivona have voices that will work.

Also, if you have Win 8 or 10, installing different language packs also installs more voices, at no extra cost.

Dave

Richard,

I checked the site quickly and it looks like their product is the server for answering phones or similar function.  I didn't see just the voices.

Also, if you have Win 8 or 10, installing different language packs also installs more voices, at no extra cost.

Dave

Thanks Dave - I do have windows 10 - but that Hannah voice here does sound really good - just cant find a male voice this clear

https://www.cereproc.com/en/node/734

Rich Sennett

That Hannah sure beets Microsoft's.  The pay voices seem to be better, the more you pay, the more you get.  :smile:

Yes it very high quality - will work very well with Pilot2atc - will have to bit the bullet and get it at some point, take care  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I have installed different Windows 10 voices but any of them are available in the Config->Voices option. I can only see the ones I had previously installed. 

Richard,

Dave

Yes, of course. I did it a couple of times but nothing. The voices are available in the Control Panel and Windows 10 but not in P2A. The only voices in P2A are the ones previouly installed. 

Desktop applications do not have access to Mobile voices.  So if the ones you installed were Mobile, you won't see them.

Windows lets Cortana use Mobile voices, but not desktop applications.

Dave

That was exactly what I suspected: the mobile voices are not accesible for desktop apps. It's a pity. It was a good and free alternative to have a voice per dependence.  :sad:

Thanks Dave for that clarification

Regards

Tomás