Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Cabin crew announcement at 20,000

In the tutorial for the button version it says that descending past 20,000 feet the FO should tell cabin crew to prepare for landing. I don't hear this announcement. Is there something that has to be set? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi Bob,

Which SOP?

Are you follow the tutorial to the letter?

Cheers,

Button version is SOP 2.   Following the tutorial step by step. Not sure what page it is on in the tutorial, since I am at work, but it is during the descent phase when descending past 20,000 feet where this announcement should be made according to the tutorial . 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Button version is SOP 2.   Following the tutorial step by step. Not sure what page it is on in the tutorial, since I am at work, but it is during the descent phase when descending past 20,000 feet where this announcement should be made according to the tutorial . 

Hi Bob,

Checklist mode (as display) must be Approach or Landing.

So the Descent Checklist must have been completed in full unless you skipped over it.

Altitude must be between 20,000 and 19500 feet above the runway elevation.

Perhaps your cruise altitude was below 19,500 feet?

And the FA can't be suppressed on the Config Options.

Cheers,

Hi Bob,

So the Descent Checklist must have been completed in full unless you skipped over it.

Cheers,

I don't recall ever hearing this announcement either and I know for a fact that most of my flights, the checklist mode is approach when I hit 20,000 as I usually do the descent checklist right after the approach briefing when I start the descent from cruise.  FA isn't suppressed as I hear the other announcements just fine.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hi Bob,

Cheers,

Everything you mentioned, I did. Cruise altitude is normally way above 20,000, usually in the high 30's. Never heard that announcement once. 

Which voice set are you using?  

Did you have the arrival runway selected in the FMC?

Using US voice set. Arrival runway not selected in FMC , since Pro ATC doesn't assign arrival runway until approach is contacted which most times is at an altitude lower than 20,000. 

Which voice set are you using?  

Did you have the arrival runway selected in the FMC?

For me, it's been either the EU or UK voice set.  I have the arrival runway set at least by initial descent, usually before even leaving the gate at origin.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Thanks for the report.

I examined the code.  This is a bug in the Button Control version only.

I'll fix it in the next update.

Cheers,

Excellent,

Thanks, 

Bryan, I waited until I could double check but I do have the problem.  I reinstalled the April 17, 2016 version (latest) and I use Button Control.  Indeed, I get the Cabin Crew call at about 20,000' and Cabin Secure around 13,000'.  Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Bryan, I waited until I could double check but I do have the problem.  I reinstalled the April 17, 2016 version (latest) and I use Button Control.  Indeed, I get the Cabin Crew call at about 20,000' and Cabin Secure around 13,000'.  Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Sorry, I don't see the problem.

How does this disagree with the manual?

Cheers,